Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Combat Focus regen rate is way too low :D

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by GrayFog, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Kinda sad that SotA turns more and more into AOE everything down.
    No crowd control, nada, nothing...

I might as well just play Black Desert then :D

helomech likes this.
  2. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

Earthquake doing 400+ ? if this happens to you .. i suggest to open a BUG report.... mine at LVL 99 make 170 (critical) if i'm lucky :)

helomech, Aldo and Kara Brae like this.
  3. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

More Int + More Attunement = more damage.
    It's a l2p issue. If you stack your glyphs all the time you will not run out of focus in normal mob groups.

Spinok likes this.
  4. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

you are able to make hits of 400 with earthquake?
    i'm also stacking glyph to reduce focus ... but doesn't help a lot.
    it's possible that fizzle a spell can drain the ENTIRE focus of the spell?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I fight green mobs. I stack everything. My spells fizzle more often and my focus runs out. If it would recover quickly, I could deal with it, but even food isn't enough.

This type of nerf removes my motivation to play. If players like @GrayFog who have GM'd their primary innates, are having problems in Deep Ravenswood, what hope is there for me (who will probably never GM anything) that I will EVER be able to solo a 5 skull zone? None whatsoever, so what's the point in even carrying on? I'm logging in to get my 500 gold and 500 exp from the Oracle, but I don't feel like doing anything else if this isn't fixed.

helomech and GrayFog like this.
  6. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Well i don't have problems in Deep Ravenswood, i still can farm the zone easily.
    But it is just wrong that i have to pause 1000 times now in an super ultra easy zone...

Just feels wrong and unbalanced.

No matter how much i stack my stuff, eat food and what not, it just feels wrong.
    If i am hunting in The Rise or whatever, it feels about "almost" right, because the mobs are way harder there.

But in DR it's just roflcopter lolz....

7. Cenbhan

Cenbhan Avatar

Balance is dandy and all, but guess what, still no focus to be found around here.

Kara Brae likes this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

the problem is not focus and it reaeration, it is that they have created a poor play system that requires players to feel they have to GRIND thru monsters to do anything.

Focus is fine, players should not just be playing to GRIND there way through anything to do anything.

The creation of a fun immersive system when out the window in the first 2 weeks, when they allowed players GRIND to a point where they are overpowered When they tried to mitigate that they ended up with super powerful players and now players who just play (or just starting) will never catch up.

Again they try and Balance the system, but players have become used to basically walking thru whatever they want to accomplish basically nothing, that they feel jilted since they cannot do what they use too easily.

ITYS From the start it will be easier to give more later on than take to away.

happens every time they are trying to "Balance" issues.

Deep Ravenswood it s Tier 5, It should be impossible for a single player to wander the toughest Scene in the game with ease (exactly like UOs champ spawns yes there will be Power gamers who upset the bell curve . . . . .) and a casual players should have to seek help and friends.

But this should have NEVER happened in less than 6 months, so now . . . .Impossible to go back and fix . . . .

uhop, Stundorn and Kara Brae like this.
  9. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Different mobs have different resists, i made 400+ on spiders in Savernoc Stronghold(tier 5 too), 122 str 74 int, 113.4 Earth att., 93 EQ. Yes it was stacked x5, but i always stack skills, only in situations where i have 100 hp and mob have 200, I not stack becouse I havent got time for it. Also I made this with supple leather bow and leather armor. Mage with wands and carapacian for sure will have higher dmg.
    Yes I`m a bit wrong x5 rapid fire can deal more in ideal situation (I stay higher than mob, mob is burning, and I shoot in the back) But EQ is AOE. This why I prefer very strong mobs to big ammount of weaker one.

10. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Regen is to low, food regen buff is to low seams like a good solution increase food regen rates.

helomech, Numa, Barugon and 3 others like this.
  11. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

why do you feel the need to catch up? even in pvp, if they are way ahead, you will know just by examining them and from there, you can simply avoid them... they only hurt themselves by escaping the majority of players, eventually they will not find anything fun anymore because it all too easy, why do you worry about this? just play the game, its not a competition

and to get back on topic, regen is fine for me, i like the fact that you can run out of focus now, aetheric feedback just needs to be fixed, a slow regen allows players to spellweave (cast spells between focus regen ticks, used to be 4 secs i believe), which takes advantage of the ticking focus system, unless something changed there, if you spam glyphs, you reset the tick timer with every cast, that is how focus regen should work, its a system that rewards skill (unless something changed in last update)

try casting a glyph only after a focus regen tick and you will be fine

Stundorn likes this.
  12. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

Sorry EDDY, but it changed :p

You also could run out of Focus in R36 and R37, worked perfectly there, seemed balanced to me. But now it's for sure not balanced.

You said "regen is fine to me" and "aetheric feedback just needs to be fixed".
    Great, so you are basically saying that all playstyles/builds need aetheric feedback now to fix their focus issues? :D

Prime2 likes this.
  13. Filter Bubble Algorithm

no im not saying that please dont put words in my mouth, I dont even use aetheirc feedback constantly, only in pvp when facing multiple opponents, i do JUST FINE without it, i specificaly spoke about spellweaving and how you will require more "skill" instead of just spamming

they fixed how regen math was done, tell me what changed other than that and aetheric feedback, you all got used to easy mode, now its time to adjust, game is still being built, i dont expect anyone to agree with me, but to me, i enjoy a challenge, i like the idea of spellweaving and when the devs put something that requires you to have patience and tactics, i will support it, nothing is new here, just that you all never noticed how regen worked and now that it is fixed, everyone is complaining because they were used to a spamming style

14. theweze

theweze Avatar

Well good luck playing a staff or wands mage.

15. Filter Bubble Algorithm

adv lvl 85
    i only fight ferocious reds in DR and other places which i will not disclose :p which are orange to me and i never run out of focus, ever, and at most, i combo stack to 2 or 3 most of my spells and never use aetheric feedback except in pvp but its broken anyways
    I mostly farm from F.Reds spot to F.red spot to Obs bears (yellow to me) which I pull ALL of them (about 7-8) and never run out of focus there either...

16. Filter Bubble Algorithm

l2p

17. theweze

theweze Avatar

Basically F*** you staff mages, you cant really play how you want to anymore.

18. Filter Bubble Algorithm

im pure mage with shield and heavy chest and never run out of focus, i really think everyone who is complaining is just playing wrong... take a few steps back and reevalutate how you fight, take a moment and try spellweaving in between ticks, sure the fights are longer but just because it was a spam fest doesnt mean SOTA was meant to BE a spam fest, expect to be mad a lot more, balancing does that ALL THE TIME, it will make you mad, but take a step back away from your personal wants and needs and think of the future release, most players that will play this game will be new players that have never had the nerfed things that us testers have seen and its normal to get mad that things change but we are building a game here, EXPECT to have your character affected by the changes

Stundorn likes this.
  19. HogwinHD

HogwinHD Avatar

i have over 5k hours... i think i know how to play

Firstly i play Melee , Ranged and Wands.. So Not sure what your point is, i do combo glyphs, regularly in fact but now that i am gm in most the skills i use, the focus Cost is rediculous, 27 focus to cast Chain lightning even with the full still ness bonus? Same with rapid fire.....

helomech, By Tor and GrayFog like this.
  20. Filter Bubble Algorithm

did they break the regen after 4 secs without casting?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.