Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New Combat Focus regen rate is way too low :D

Discussion in 'Release 38 Feedback Forum' started by GrayFog, Jan 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I don't know if it has been mentioned already but the focus nerf has pretty much made the Healing Touch skill useless, at least in PVE.

If I have to stop after every battle to unsheath my weapon and wait for my focus to recharge then my health will recharge in that time
    as well. If someone says I could just use a potion to recharge my focus then I could just use a potion for my health as well. I built up
    my Life/Focus skills so I don't have to use potions.

I know the devs have said they want to make it so one has to think about how they use their focus in combat but the way it is now it
    seems to go against that.

I used to have to think and strategize about my use of focus in battle; should I use this expensive combo to try and take out this mob or
    would it be better to save that focus for a charge of health? etc. Now since I know I will have to sit and wait and recharge after every
    battle ( except with weak green mobs) I just blast away with everything I have without thinking or strategy... I am more likely to just
    choose single mobs or small groups knowing that I won't be able to get a boost of health in the midst of battle.

It not only unbalances things and removes some of the strategy, and makes fights more boring and less interesting, it takes away a lot
    of the flow I had before.

I am not asking for focus to recharge super fast or be unlimited but be just faster than health recovery and to recharge just as fast in
    combat mode as in non-combat.

Numa and FrostII like this.
  2. Calusari

Calusari Avatar

Hmm release 39 and game will be still combat on / combat off:( seems sadly going to take a bit break until i will enyoy combat again. :C

Sorry but waiting to combat off, regen, rebuff take longer then my fights...

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Two things in R39 that will help: Honor devotional (standing near it gives a focus regeneration buff for something like 8 hours) and the cool-down when entering combat mode is a lot shorter.

[edit] Oh, you'll also be able to chug potions from your non-combat bar while in combat.

Calusari, Lazlo, Numa and 3 others like this.
  4. Numa

Numa Avatar

Looks like Honor is going to be a popular devotional in R39. On the other hand we might see a spate of synchronized sieges on POTS with this shrine come R40 :eek:

Barugon likes this.
  5. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I tend to only have issues with Yellow chain encounters - such as when a secondary group spawns/adds to an existing combat. Most yellow pulls threaten my health more than my focus. For me, the extra fast respawn timer is more of an issue for my focus than the current focus regen. I still do not really eat food, so I am depending on that out of combat regen. Eating more food would help me handle those chains better and reduce how much down-time I need. But I still feel that it is completely optional (which is good given the expense of decent food). I'm guessing too many people let their actives out-level their focus pool. Or are just impatient and can't handle resting between challenging fights like real adventurers would need to do.

Adv Level 63 / 500 Focus / Most common actives around 80 and working on building up my passives and less common actives to 80 before starting the march to 100 on favored skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.