upload pictures to sota game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zellock431, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zellock431

zellock431 Avatar

i am wandering if its true that sota will allow us to upload an image, adding it to the game as a painting?

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Afaik the last statment i saw on thius topic is: it's not going to happen because of copyright violation issues.

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

they can if they want to but they'll have to screen all images that are uploaded and that will take manpower and money which they don't have... much better to pool their limited resources to developing the game...

4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

That's not entirely exact. They use some avatars' portraits from Denis Loubet as paintings in this game. You are able to buy some (wall paintings) at the art vendor in Ardoris, with COTO. But you are right, because of the copyrights, they can't do this without the consent of the author. So no direct upload.

Moreover, I think that the picture must respect many "standards". With @dloubet you can be sure the picture meet the expectations as he already made many (very nice) illustrations for Ultima games and SOTA. I don't know if other authors are admitted and what would be the conditions but this is a question I asked myself lately. @DarkStarr

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Sure, but the question wasn't "can i upload comissiond pictures from a specific person?" ;-)

The problem we have here is the screening of random pictures. No time, no money, no workforce for that stuff.
    At least that's why i assume they aren't doing it.

Hornpipe likes this.
  6. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We do not plan at this time to support work from other artists being added to the game. To date this has been reserved for artists who have contributed directly to the game like Stephen Daniele and Denis Loubet.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Which I think is absolutely awesome. The 3 paintings you guys put in a re awesome.

8. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

What about turning game screenshots into art? I forget if this was asked before (probably was) and I forget any response on it.

Will we ever be able to hang pictures taken with our cameras in game?

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If we were to be able to create in-game artwork willy-nilly then that would potentially be a huge network hit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.