Do you have questions for Lord British and the Dev Team? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

Will we be able to see other players while in the overhead view? What if they are in our party/group/guild/friends list/geographical location?

How many skills in your "card deck" will you be able to assign when you got out adventuring? Can you only create a "card deck" in town or can you do it on the fly or exploring in the overhead view?

Who is working on the sound/music of SotA? Will Iolo have some original tunes in?

RG stated that our decisions would effect the way the world views us. Does this mean reds aka murderers are possible? I loved when he said that stealing could be used for good or bad... does that mean we'll be able to steal rares from dungeons to decorate our home and also steal from other players/npcs/monsters/homes?

I probably have more but that's a good chuck atm. *chortles*

2. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

Is there a way to edit a post that I haven't managed to find? I wanted to add something I just thought of that is probably a BIG DEAL that I haven't seen asked yet...

What happens when you die? Do you turn into a ghost and go OoOooOooOOOooO until you find someone/someplace to resurrect at? If so (awesome!!), will players be able to resurrect other players that are not their friends/guildmates/geographical location/etc?

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

What kind of control will we have in who we see in our game? I believe friends lists from social sites and the like were mentioned. Also, what influence will we see in our game from the larger community?

4. Tovath

Tovath Avatar

1. How will the player economy work in Multiplayer?

2. Will there be a player to player cash transaction system? (Such as if someone wanted to purchase the Deed to a prime piece of real estate or pay money for an in game item instead of paying gold)

3. What kind of graphic level of detail will we see when the game is finished? (Better Than Skyrim? Genuine Cutting Edge Graphics? Can you site a game with the kind of advanced graphics you want Shroud to be of similar or better quality?)

4. In the Multiplayer environment what locations will be shared across the player base if any? (Such as would "Tovath's Weapon Shop" be available to anyone depending where it is based? If so how big are these Cities going to be to be able to accommodate thousands of potential shops?)

5. How detailed will the Crafting System be?

6. Cost to own / rent a Shop or House in a village or city?

7. Max number of players in the same instance of a location?

8. Will we see player created cities etc? (If so what kinds of tools will be available to those building the city and what kinds of structures?)

9. How detailed will the players avatar be able to be? How much can they personalize about the characters looks etc.

10. Are you using the Unity Engine?

11. What kinds of player created content do you hope to support? (Player Generated Quests? Custom dungeons? Custom Monsters? Custom Models?)

12. In our shops will we be able to hire NPCs to sell our goods for us? And how customizable will they be? (Customizable Clothes? Custom Greetings? etc)

13. How will Guilds work?

14. What if any sort of big bad boss monsters that drop special items etc will there be?

15. Will the terrain change based on the season or weather? (Snow on the roof of your house, mud in the street after rain? Rainbows?)

16. How big will a capitol city be? How many spaces for player shops / housing?

17. What can we the community do to help make the game better?

18. What sorts of mini games will we come across?

19. How customizable will the interior of houses be?

20. What sort of in game mailing system will there be if any?

5. Anjel

Anjel Avatar

Will their be a difficulty scaling system that a) player can select at the beginning of their game (easy, normal, hard) and b) that increases the difficulty based on the number of players in an instance/dungeon/world?

6. BK_

BK_ Avatar

What's a paladin?

7. Valandur

Valandur Avatar

How will players be able to interact and leave their mark on the game world? In games like Eve, players can build and run their own stations, Pathfinder Online plans to have player built and controlled settlements, will SOTA have anything similar?

8. Ohgr

Ohgr Avatar

Bump post 1485, by guth wolf.

Questions:
    Will there be a karma system and criminal system (ie. I pick a innocents pocket and become a criminal allowing other innocents to attack me without turning into a criminal and ultimately turning into "the red" a murderer)?

9. KFC

KFC Avatar

Could you explain the single player aspects of the game?
    The plot, link to the Ultima series, questing, general vision of the world.
    Is it going to work in the separate instances comparing to open world game?

I'm asking because, it's meant to be a single player experience, and everybody is talking about servers, subscriptions, houses, gaming with friends etc. and nothing specific about singleplayer offline gaming.

10. SilverDoomkitten

SilverDoomkitten Avatar

Could you elaborate on more details about how the single player gamer will receive updates to his game while online? For instance, will the single player gamer be able to log on, sit "online" in his town/house/whatever and receive the player-made updates to the world (or just local area), including houses, vendors, etc, then go offline and play within these creations? Or would the online-created details disappear once the offline "server" is running the game?

11. Glimbel

Glimbel Avatar

Will we see the old reagents system and magic lore the Ultima games used to have ?

12. Inferno

Inferno Avatar

Hi guys.

1. Will there be Treasure Hunting?
    2. Will there be fishing/SOS bottles?
    3. Will there be the ability to make/use a ship and sale around the ocean with a similar view as the zoomed out region roaming view and then zoom in on battles with pirates/sea serpents?
    4. When a player dies, either via monster or player, will the corpse be lootable? If so, a) will this make you become a criminal if they were blue? b) can monsters loot a random item from your corpse? (This makes it worthwhile killing everything in the wilderness in the chance that it may have killed someone before and looted an item of value).
    5. Is there a notoriety system? If so, are there going to be towns that criminals/reds can still access everything a blue person can?
    6. Will there be a party system for combat? If so, will xp and item loot be split?
    7. Will you gain xp for killing someone in pvp or will there be a karma/fame system? (Order/Chaos)

Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to watching your progress over the next 12+months. Well done for rekindling our love of Ultima! I'll be renewing my UO subscription for some nostalgia :)

13. Fireangel

Fireangel Avatar

1. Will you consider giving us companions such as (but not necessarily) Iolo, Dupre, Shamino, Jana, etc., or relatives or friends of those previous companions? Even with multiplayer, friends are not always about, and companions can add so much to the experience!

2. Could we have some a unique 'dynamic random quest generation system'? I don't want to be able to 'google' walkthroughs for quests or be bored repeating quests, if possible, pretty please, with a cherry on top.

3. Will you consider letting us not only speak or quest for NPCs in the world, but also interact with them on increasingly personal levels during our 'lifespan' in the realm? (I don't mean romantic, necessarily, though all options are good.)

4. Is it too much to ask to really matter in the realm with not only battles, quest completions, or your conversation choices, but also with interactions with Mayors, Lord British, for example? Friendships or intrigue, politics, and the like come to mind.

Thanks for listening!! I'm a long time fan of Richard Garriott.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

As a big fan of Sandbox-Games (like Mount & Blade), I'd like to know some details of the sandboxing aspect of the game: Off course housing, but also Professions, Crafting, cool things to discover on the map, ability to gather a fellowship or even become mayor of a town, do sieges, defend towns, join another group of players (or AI) on their quest (or even campaign) as a freelancer, etc. All in all things, you can do, when you don't want to do quests or follow the main story.

15. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

House design- Will the house owner be able to manipulate various objects to make new decorations for their homes? For example, in UO one could make toilets from bottle openers and bowls and fish takes from material scraps and fishes.

Will there be a lock down system in the house to ensure decorations won't deteriorate?

Will you be able to leave things on the ground and they will take a while to disappear or will you have to destroy them or will they disappear immediately?

For houses and any chests or storage in the houses, will you have the ability to friend others so they can use the house or chest?

Will you be able to customize your house to be say a pub, armory, herb shop, guild hall?

How many rooms will there be in the houses? Can you make a boarding house and rent out rooms?

Will there be a guild system in place?

16. Luminoso

Luminoso Avatar

If this is an offline solo player game, with a multiplayer aspect, how do you plan to be able to stop cheating/hacking/duping? (Think Diablo 1). People will just edit their local files giving themselves astronomical amounts of money, then log in and buy a City house deed and plop it down.

17. smack

smack Avatar

How will DRM be handled for the single player game, considering that we've been told we can play it completely offline.

- One-time activation that requires an internet connection?
    - Serial # entered during installation?
    - Looking up words from the manual?
    - No DRM? :)

18. Shrouded_Me

Shrouded_Me Avatar

Is there any way for us non-rich common folk to join in on the development effort? Submission contest? Idea riffing? Anything?

19. DeckFullOfJokers

DeckFullOfJokers Avatar

How much effort will be put into community collaboration?

Even at this early stage in the development it seems that I (and many others) may never really stand much of a chance of being property owners, will we still have other ways to be productive members of a community? Just as an example... the siege we saw in the video from the day of the announcement, is it possible an event such as this will actually damage a town and it will take every available person to help with repairs?

Will you be implementing group-effort features along the lines of "we need everyone to help collect resources and assist in the construction labor of the town's new Tesla Shield"?

I suppose in essence what i'm most concerned about is what will be drawing me away from adventuring in the wilds and into a town other than "uh oh, gotta buy more bread"?

20. SilverDoomkitten

SilverDoomkitten Avatar

How "limited" will housing really be? Will there be non-full housing for those players who miss out on the rush to place a structure (such as rented apartments, etc)?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.