Do you have questions for Lord British and the Dev Team? ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Ok everyone! I'm organizing some questions for Richard and the Dev team to address during our next few Live Broadcasts, so here is your chance to submit your questions. Please keep them short focused. Also, please only post questions... I want to be able to review and select questions easily, without having to sort through a bunch of discussion. Thanks!

2. Fluvius

Fluvius Avatar

Is there going to be some kind of subscription?

I will be able to run community-based stuff in game? Player run towns, stores, politics...

It will be MODable?

3. SophosTheWise

SophosTheWise Avatar

Yes! A question: Has Richard Garriott actually seenn Spoonys Ultima Retrospective (especially the part adressing Ultima IX!)? If yes, how did he react to it and how is he going to integrate the things Spoony (basically as a spokesperson of all Ultima fans) critiqued?

4. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Risk vs Reward , when we die will your items stay on your corpse to be retrieved by your or your friends , the monsters your fighting or enemy players in pvp areas ?

Will there be a ghost like system with the ability to ressurect other players ?

Will there be Guild wars, Order Chaos / Faction Like systems implemented ?

Can we cut up player corpses and use them as house decoration ?

5. Scourge

Scourge Avatar

Will we have a paperdoll? If so, would we be able to play around with how items are layered?

Will we be able to arrange the items in containers and put things on top of each other, like in UVII/UO?

How much of an impact will owning property have? E.g. if you own a house, will it have an "online" persistent presence?

Can property ownership be split up, e.g. having a guild own a big house together?

6. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

The items found throughout questing and exploring. Will they be magic based, for instance: Longsword of Vanquishing, Force? Or physical based + for instance, Sharp, Deadly, or Weak/Blunt Longsword?

This may seem like a shrewd question, however it is a small concern. Items sold by vendors often are based off of who has the best items, when I believe we should be able to "Create" items, and then Enchant them for magic. Let me know what you think, or if either are a possibility or farfetched.

Isaiah MGT470 likes this.
  7. Tetra

Tetra Avatar

Is this game a MMO?

8. Teden2158

Teden2158 Avatar

My question is about PvP. Me and allot of my friends (hardcore UO addicts, still have all of them in my ICQ friend list), like to know what to expect. PK system, open PvP, free loot ? Basically we need to hear something, what give us a hope or just lead us to another direction.

9. Hightower

Hightower Avatar

When in Villages, Towns, and Cities, will we see and be able to interact with ( talk - trade ) other players we do not know, who are not on our friends list. Thus allowing us to possibly become future friends to enjoy the game with.

Since housing quanities are quite limited, I assume we are only allowed 1 house per acct or even IP. If I choose to become a citizen, thru Kickstarter, get my starting house deed for a Village plot. Later I upgrade the house, do I retain the original deed so I can downsize later if I decide to, And giving me free taxes on that original house again?

10. Glimbel

Glimbel Avatar

- Will we be able to see, at first sight, what someone is wearing ? Will every pieces of equipment have an effect on the player model ?

- Will it be possible to dye some items, as it was possible on Ultima Online ? Will these changes take effect on the player model ?

11. Francis_Marsten

Francis_Marsten Avatar

- How many characters are associated to an account, one or many?

- Is SotA housing similar to UO? Can people be friended to a house, made co-owner or banned from a house?

- Will there be systems in game to support guild interaction? Such as guild membership, identification and other features?

12. VictorZanta

VictorZanta Avatar

What is the leveling up system like? Will it be levels like in your regular RPGs or will it be more UO based where you can choose a certain amount of skills to train.

13. LordSunrise

LordSunrise Avatar

If we have skill caps will we have a "special" kind of server where there is no skill caps?

14. sslaw

sslaw Avatar

How is gathering/crafting to work with this dual-view system?

Do I have to enter an instance to mine, hunt, fish?
    Or is gathering done during the world-view, with a giant avatar roaming around?

15. sslaw

sslaw Avatar

Will food and sleep play an important component in this game?

I remember in U7, companions would constantly complain if they weren't fed.
    Especially Sparky...
    I also remember them vomiting and passing out.
    Hahahah, good times.

16. Zoradane

Zoradane Avatar

Will we have mounts and/or pets?

17. sslaw

sslaw Avatar

Will my storyline decisions affect the endgame?

(like the Fallout series)

18. Liavain

Liavain Avatar

What amount of customization will we have in SotA? Will is be as robust as the City of Heroes character creation was? Will we have the ability to "dye" clothes/armor like in UO?

Bonus question...
    Will someone be able to simply be a Crafter (like in UO) and just maintain a shop, or will we have to take up combat skills in order to make a "living"?

19. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Since this seems to essentially be a single player game with multiplayer components. What happens when you complete the single player aspect of the game? What is the incentive to keep playing? Perhaps to rephrase.. why should we keep coming back for more once we've completed the single player while we wait for the next game to come out?

20. Knight Dani Brasco

Knight Dani Brasco Avatar

Hello SOTA team! This is fun! I have missed the old uo-feeling for to looong time.
    Back in the days i was the webmaster for a guild on the shard Europe. Im still making websites and I'm seeing that you are using wordpress wish is great!
    I also see that the site lacks when it comes to SEO and other technical stuff. I would really love to be a little part of your team helping you out with the site.
    If you are interested, send me a mail and i will show you some of my works for professional companys. By the way im also an AD (art director) in a company in Sweden.

Thank you!
    Kind Regards
    Daniel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.