The one tool to rule them all...

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Rampage202, Nov 15, 2013.

?

Which indestuctable crafting tool do you think you would choose?

1. Mining Pickaxe or Facemask

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  2. Forestry/ Milling Axe or Saw

5 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Foraging Shears

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Farming Hoe or Sickle

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Skinning Knife or Tanning Punch

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  6. Smelting Crucible & Tongs or Smithing Hammer

11 vote(s)
    18.6%
  7. Butchery Cleaver

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  8. Loom Needle or Tailoring Needle/Punch

2 vote(s)
    3.4%
  9. Carpentry Claw Hammer

1 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Mortar & Pestle

9 vote(s)
    15.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rampage202

Rampage202 Avatar

Founders at the Virtual Collector pledge level and above will be getting 1 indestructible crafting tool once episode 1 is released, so I'm a little curious as to what you guys think you will be choosing.

These are all just starter-level of course, so I doubt they'll matter very much when we get into mid-game progress, but I think its fun to speculate on how we're all going to start off our adventures :).

Mordecai and Count Napoli like this.
  2. Count Napoli

Count Napoli Avatar

I like this poll. Results will be interesting.

3. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Facemask would be good, I think they dont come in quality "this doesent protect you from that gas" type thing PLUS its a mask!

Buuuut ill go with Mortal & pestle for giving the most options for promlemsolving being it turning invisible, healing or explosions! (and hopefully metric ton of non combat things like fertilizer for plants, acid to melt locked chest lock etc)

4. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Hmm.. nevermind you pointed it out(1 craftin 1 gathering).. hmm so.. I guess the poll doesn't work too well with only 1 option...

5. Knoxinn

Knoxinn Avatar

I am not a Founder, but if I were to buy or trade with another player for such an item, I'd go with the pickaxe. No question. Several reasons. First, low Mining skill equals beat up and/or broken tools. Second, odds are there won't be a crafting station near mining locations so if your pickaxe gets low on durability, you have to quit mining and head to the village to repair it. Lastly, I've just had some plain bad luck with breaking pickaxes in past games. Got to go with the pickaxe.

Actually, your post got me thinking. I'm curious about how extensive those facemasks are going to be. I suppose they could have a durability number as in a finite amount of uses. Kind of like in RL when your filters go bad, you know pretty quick. Hmm...I guess I'm just assuming these facemasks would use filters. Can we mine charcoal? Man, I really don't have any facts on these facemasks. :D All I know is that I'll probably throw mine on when walking past horse stables. :)

OSullivan likes this.
  6. Reco Elgred

Reco Elgred Avatar

Very good debate, I don't think I could possibly choose until Beta after I have tried and tested everything, of course I'd go for the item of most value to my player.

7. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

luckily my dad, bro, and I are all high enough pledge to get 1 crafting 1 artisan tool, so we'll probably get, the carpenter, alchemist, blacksmith tools, and for gathering, Forestry, Mining, foraging.

The best of them just depends on what you want to do. there is value in each one. we might even decide to drop alchemy and foraging for tailoring and skinning knife.

Also keep in mind, if you pledged after that KS gracer period cutoff it looks like crafting tools wont be available to you, only the artisan (gathering) tool (unless someone sees the crafting tool somehwere in the list of rewards)

8. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Indestructible tools, pfffffft.
    None of them!

9. smack

smack Avatar

I want to be a Grandmaster Lumberjack, like back in UO. But that facemask is tempting...

10. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Definitely the smithing hammer so I can begin crafting swords and plate armor :D

Jambo likes this.
  11. monxter

monxter Avatar

I had missed this, it'll probably be either the forestry tool or skinning/tanning tool. Picked axe now. We need more votes to see how this develops.

12. Robby

Robby Avatar

You forgot a fishing pole! I would choose this one out of them all. Becuase you can fish up food to sell to others, also treasures. Also sunken furniture and clothing and weapons and armour. So it pretty much covers all the bases. Gets you items a pickaxe then smithing ultimately gets you, gets you everything the butcher cleaver gets you(meat) though... I guess you still have to butcher the fish but who says you cant just tear it up and eat it raw! Just like gollum from LOTR when hes sitting down with frodo and sam to eat a rabbit and hes all "I like to see the fish WIGGLE hehehe" then he rips up the rabbit. I havent watched it in awhile but I remember him saying somethin about fish wiggling and then he rips up a rabbit with his bear hands. anyway.... fishing also gets you a cleaver too theoretically! If you find a treasure chest with a butcher cleaver of power you can be done with ripping the fish apart with your hands. You could probably also get most of the other tools from fished up treasure chests as well. This isnt UO but who says a farming hoe cant be in fished up treasure boxes. Maybe even old carpentry tools or better yet tinker tools which you can use to make other tools and more tinker tools to make tools with. You get everything you could ever need, with a simple fishing pole! And you start the game with one so no need to find a way to get ahold of one. Even better if you bought the fishing pole of prosperity.

13. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

One tool to find them. One tool to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!

By using this tool you will be slowly giving parts of your soul to Lord British... it's his twist Episode 5!!!
    X

Rampage202 and TemplarAssassin like this.
  14. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Reading the poll makes me want to choose the claw since it will be rarest and worth the most.

15. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

I would take the ring and try to keep the hobbit from dumping it into the vulcan.

TemplarAssassin likes this.
  16. mewzard

mewzard Avatar

Mining Pickaxe. Having good materials early on will help smithing, and I can make a little money early on in the process with the excess.

17. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I picked the hoe.. not only is it a terrific reference, but I'll have stuff to plant right off the bat with my elderberry seed and the immortal fruit.. and it sounds like i'll be replanting them pretty much every day.. so it'll be good to know I have the tool to make it happen.

18. TemplarAssassin

TemplarAssassin Avatar

Аyeee, hoes are templar's choice too!gotta pick 'em up!

BillRoy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.