Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Impressions of Solace Bridge Outskirts

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by Elgarion, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

a theme park new players will use, for about 1 day. trial users, never played uo before players may spend 3 days inside. [ introduction to running 101 ]

2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

The quest had changed and spinning the wheels is no longer required. Fresh Zombies are available in the graveyard without having to "summon" them.

3. melonjelly

melonjelly Avatar

I found the area to be veeery large with plenty to see and explore.

My friend and I explored it for a good while today and really enjoyed it. I may have stopped to take a screenshot of the nice countryside:

[​IMG]

Sator Faryn and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  4. Sannio

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I'm taking notes and will make improvements when I'm back at work (for next release).

As of R41, I started helping out with quests, starting with Solae Bridge Outskirts. Please consider these first SBO quests the foundation of this scene's story and not the final goal. I have my own improvements in mind, and I'll incorporate many of the suggestions mentioned here and elsewhere in the forums over time.

Thanks again for all the walkthroughs and suggestions!

5. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Have more than one avatar; one for each weapon type/virtue.
    Then if just logging in with each one daily you get 1500 xp/gp for your Oracle visits instead of just 500.

6. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

You can also use http://umuri.com/SOTA/HUD-0.5.1.zip which automatically parses the /stats information for you.

discipleofweb likes this.
  7. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

We also tried the Outskirts today. But unfortunately we had to stop at the farmer who didn't understand that the alpha wolf was dead... killed... defeated.. any other word....
    What do I have to tell him to finish the quest?

Shade Baneborn likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like it. A few of the things I thought of. One thing I thought would be really nice and a way to ease new players into housing is renting rooms at an Inn not to be far too expensive but a beginning. They could deco their room and put down a chest and pay by the night and if sleeping in beds gave a resting bonus well even better *hint* *hint*.

Then people could stay there a bit to get acclimated to the game and not such a rush to leave.

Adding more quests too would be great to let them play there for a while.

Also another thing I thought of when doing the quest about the Lady in the Painting, I didn't get a chance to finish it so I still had the Lady in a Paint picture in my inventory and no way could it be hung on my walls. One thing missing from this game is different loot. Once in a while getting a painting or other deco would really be one step to get loot to be more interesting, and especially for those new people who were interested in housing. They could get a chance to deco their rented Inn Room that they payed for one day at a time or by the week.

Lots of opportunity in new areas for teaching. Not everyone is opened to being helped and has more fun discovering on their own.

I also see people wearing Hospitaler titles and they don't understand what it is when you ask them. They think it means something else. Perhaps the title is not available without a quest line giving more knowledge is a thought to consider. Then people earn the ability to be a hospitaler if they want with a description of what it means. If someone had a chance to go through all the tutorials and incentive to do so perhaps they would do it and then know more to help with ;). Just a thought there.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  9. Sator Faryn

Sator Faryn Avatar

Past the graveyard there is the burned out village. I could not locate anyone to give a quest for that area. If there is one I'm missing it and will keep looking. If there are no tasks for that area of Solace Bridge outskirts it would be good to have one or two added.

Overall I had a great time exploring Solace Bridge Outskirts. The tasks/quests were simple but still fun. And they are a good way to introduce new players to more features of the game. I say tasks because they were more simple than a longer more involved quest. But perhaps a larger quest level thing could be woven into the smaller tasks?

There is a bottleneck with the killing of the Alpha wolf. I observed 3 players wanting to kill the Alpha wolf. One gave up and left to explore elsewhere and when the Alpha wolf respawned I called them back and they managed to kill it and complete that task. On weekend we have free to play or on release day I could see that task getting frustrating to complete with 15 others trying to do the same thing.

I feel like something else needs to be added to complete Solace Bridge Outskirts. A few more tasks. Something like a larger quest. More dialogue for the NPCs. And then something to let the players know when and where they should move onto Soltown.

Great job!

Vladamir Begemot and majoria70 like this.
  10. Sannio

There are not yet any quests focused on the abandoned village, but there will be. The intent is to add several more quest sin general to SBO.

Sator Faryn and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  11. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

This.

For a repeatable quest especially, we need a way to remove it from the journal. Do I really have to have this boring newbie quest stuck in my journal and on my quest tracker forever more just because I wanted to see and test the new area?

12. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

It appears they want the journal to be like RL, where your dear diary is permanent.

But that means you should be able to export it to an in game book, put it on a shelf, and start a whole new blank journal.

Tamsen likes this.
  13. Shade Baneborn

Shade Baneborn Avatar

@Elfenwahn

I had to go back when I experienced the same thing you describe here.
    Not sure how/if this effects things but:
    I went back during the day.
    I killed the wolf but did not field dress/loot it.
    I went DIRECTLY to the farmer and talked to him - at that point I didn't even have to use a keyword he just gave me the xp.

Hope that helps!

14. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Thanks, I also discovered that just trying to talk with the farmer later ... twice... helped.
    Tried the same for my wife. She also had to start the discussion with him twice, then it worked.

15. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.