My $228 USD Game Hardware Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Time Lord, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

My $228 USD Game Hardware Upgrade;

I had this Steelseries keyboard (Apex M-350) programmable...
    Spilt a lake of water on it which fried it. It's keys were far to large but it was doing it's job while taking up an enormous amount of desktop space.

[​IMG]

While doing some unrelated flying around Thailand, I had 2 days with nothing to do in Chiang Mai, so I looked up my friend who built my computer. He's the professor of uber computers at CM university... "so I still don't know how to access most of what he built into it because I'm a complete user of computers who doesn't know a thing about them :confused:... I went by his shop and asked him a few questions, (which I kindly nodded my head to but had no idea what he was talking about o_O) and I was in the market for buying some more uber stuff which I still won't know what to do with :( but I was going to buy the stuff anyway :). After listening to his extremely long monolog of computer jargon, I decided to ask his top sales dude who is also a friend of mine, but he's the one I really count on, because he's a PC Game addict like me :D but he's allot better than I'll ever be and has a vast gaming guild who all play the same games within the medieval genre.

So... "what did he sell me?" o_O...
    He sold me the Steelseries Apex M-650 programmable keyboard and a Razer Naga Hex V2 programmable mouse, both of which he uses in his own gaming.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I have no idea what I'll do with these, but I'll be hooking them up tomorrow and giving them a go at getting along with a tech illiterate computer idiot at thier controls :)

Sounds like a good plan or what? o_O...
    ~Time Lord~:D

Berek, Ancev, licemeat and 15 others like this.
  2. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

pretty dope hardware. :)

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
  3. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Ive been using that mouse for a few months and I love it!

4. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

If you get a logitech K310 washable keyboard you don't have to worry about spilling water on it.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Oh no Time Lord I'm so sorry that happened. I'm sure many of us have had accidents like that and cried about it happening at the worst possible time ;). I have another story though besides the quite a few keyboards I've had to replace, how about the graphics card I got to replace from having spilt salsa on it? Now you may wonder how in the world could that happen?

Ok I will tell you. So I got a new computer built last year. I had had troubles with overheating and airflow, fans and such in the past. Living in a hot climate doesn't help, so I thought ok this time I will get a case that has a really good airflow and fan system. I read the reviews watched the youtube videos a bit and made my selection.

The one thing I failed to notice, even though it said 'this case is REALLY BIG', is that this case is REALLY BIG. :eek: So big it will not fit under my desk. Also on top of that there is open venting on the top, sides and all over it. Now for me this is an accident waiting to happen, especially if little ones go anywhere near it, not to mention 'me' too ;). yikes.

So I did have a perfectly good Nvidia GTX970 graphics card put in the new computer, well until the fateful day of the 'accident' *cries*, but now I have have the Nvidia Gtx1060. *sighs* since they had no more of the 970 at that moment and of course I had to have it now.

Soooo until I figure out how to raise my desk or protect the computer, I am keeping anything away from that computer as my life and pocketbook depends on it. And just to know it has taught me a lot of lessons which I would rather have not learned. ;) So the morale of the story is and so no one else makes that same mistake do not buy this case lol. Step away from this case. Not only is It so heavy it has wheels to help you move it. It is a devil and a monster and to all pullleaze be careful and safe out there, and guard your computer and accessories with your life ;) because We must play our games ;)
    [​IMG]

One good thing is as I upgrade it in the future since is soooooo huge that will be easier ;)
    Here is the monster;). We are all in this together ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Your new stuff looks fantastic. I have the Razer DeathAdder still even though my cat chewed its cord, it is still working. I will replace it one day tho ;). the buttons on the side of the Naga Hex look interesting ;) Congrats on your new purchases. :) May they serve you well. :)

Black Orchid and Time Lord like this.
  7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Thats the mouse and keyboard combo u need to wake up and be a gm fisherman correct?

Dreamz of s.o.s bottles

Time Lord and Black Orchid like this.
  8. Black Orchid

Black Orchid Avatar

Nice Tl :) I have the same mouse has you and got my keyboard from Roccat here .

http://www.roccat.org/en-GB/Home/Overview/

Love the way you can change the colours of the lights under the keys etc.:D

Time Lord likes this.
  9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I paid extra for the water cooling on my PC so I'm good if it gets wet.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Bekido

Bekido Avatar

ive got the first keyboard you broke there, love the thing aside from its the size of a damn surfboard. but ive gotten used to it now and absolutely love it

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Nice classic keytop shapes, and blues are the clicky ones, right? And a good layout, too. ) Sounds good to me. I've cared about keyboard layouts since the '80s, fortunately the US 101 layout ended up becoming the main standard.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Don't put it on the floor!!(that's where all the dust is) Also, putting computer equipment in confined areas doesn't help your airflow, no matter how big the case is. Even if you have those dust-mesh covers(not sure of the name of them), those will get covered with dust and block airflow It's nice to have a big open case, but you don't have to do that to get good airflow. There are better fans, water-cooling options, applying new thermal-paste to your CPU, and other options. A big case is great for upgrading and for being able to work inside the case!

Time Lord likes this.
  13. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

That is an impressive case, it reminds me of the builds that I did with old full tower server cases. I used them because they were inexpensive, and I could put ten extra fans inside and still have extra space inside. Desktop may be a misleading terms for those, as they usually sit on a wire shelf next to my desk. The last one of those builds is sitting in a corner, it finally got to the point where rebuilding it was not economical.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Lol well as to sitting up off the floor, it would take a very sturdy piece of furniture to hold this monster of a case. It would probably break the wire mesh and it is not in an enclosed space it is beside my desk and it does have water cooled options etc if I want to do that later ;). Ahhh and I do live in a hot dusty climate. And Yes it is very upgradeable too with lots of room. I was making fun of it *whispers so not to hurt it's feelings*. ;)

Asclepius and Time Lord like this.
  15. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

16. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

This is the kind I have, quite sturdy.

Asclepius and Time Lord like this.
  17. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol it is bigger than those shelves, it would surprise you how big it is ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  18. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

too bad we cannot cut and paste photos here

Sorthious and Time Lord like this.
  19. Zerk2012

Zerk2012 Avatar

That is a garbage case at todays standards, same OLD HAF 932 with just the added USB 3.0 ports, no dust filters for the intake fans and just a dated design. Bigger has nothing to do with better cooling.

Sorthious and Time Lord like this.
  20. Zerk2012

Zerk2012 Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.