Fishing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pierre2, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That is fantastic and thanks. I truly believe *this* kind of stuff should be demanded for this game, plus many more great ideas people have. So join me community for calling out for features that make this game shine. :)

Nikko and Winfield like this.
  2. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Indeed! We are playing an adventure, story-based, community-oriented, and achievement type of game with other people... and FISHING however you look at it is one crazy/wonderful thing that fits all those categories. It's even an ENABLER of sorts and at times for other passionate activities in the game in my opinion. Fishing is something that can be endlessly adapted for the activity itself (fishing), or the results from fishing too (rewards)! -- "I caught something big! Oh My Gosh, it's a sunken House Boat! Real it in! We will repair it and live in it!" And much more.

Thus, so many people (well, those like us) see Fishing as a component that can, when creatively and mysteriously (*winks*) implemented in the game, people cannot be bored for long. Just go fishing!

3. Father Guido Sarducci

Father Guido Sarducci Avatar

I just hope the fish in New Britannia do get something much better, because whatever they've been feeding them around here seems to be making them fart allot o_O

4. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

That's why people are using the word "placeholder". They don't need ideas, they need time to implement them.

I hope for it to be at least as interesting as fishing was in FFXI (which I quit last fall and now only come back for free weeks twice a year to work on my fishing skills), with many types of fish in many environments, easy fish, hard fish, rare fish, "boss" fish, cooking recipes to make it worth catching harder/rarer fish, some fish being useful for other things (special kind of fish oil for alchemy, etc.), furniture recipes for aquariums, and hopefully some way to track which fish types you have caught so far (gotta catch 'em all).

5. mass

mass Avatar

Hard for us to know what they need or intend to implement when their disclosed plan is at the level of detail of "work on fishing". All of the things you describe sound fun!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.