Are We Happy Yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrWIz, Jun 26, 2017.

?

Are you happy with this game?

1. I am happy with this game almost all of the time.

2. I am happy with this game most of the time.

3. I am happy with this game some of the time.

4. I am seldom happy with this game.

5. I am never happy with this game.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrWIz

DrWIz Avatar

We play computer games because they make us happy, help us to feel better in some way. In this game, what is it that makes you happy? It is likely that there are a wide range of answers and I am hopeful people will use this forum post to share their answers. Take your time, pick out the two most significant aspects of the game which provide happiness for you personally. If it isn’t happiness per se than perhaps the game helps you to feel better at the end of the day - add your comment about how the game helps make that happen.

For me, it’s about the virtues! I spent five years looking for a game before jumping into this one with both feet. I am involved with SotA because of the potential for implementing an in-game structure, a goodwill center, which supports and rewards players for compassion. I believe strongly in SotA’s potential for supporting compassionate actions within a virtual role-playing game. I have dedicated a considerable amount of time, years, to this endeavor. You can find the results of these actions described in other forum posts. I also donated quite a bit of money, a sum large for me a disabled Vet, to help SotA with this virtue based MMORPG.

This brings me to the second aspect of the game that brings me happiness – the game helps decrease the amount of time I have to spend in pain each day as the result of being disabled. I experience less pain because I am thoroughly engaged within SotA. The game keeps me engaged because it is difficult to master, it is a sandbox game with a very large world, it has a huge crafting system with a top-heavy economy, and you can carefully build an avatar unique to your own playing style (including outfit). I chose the role of the Paladin Knight, although this is not very easy to do within SoTA (at least not at the time of writing this post). As I stay engaged in the game, and out of all types of drama, I do not need to take pain killing medication. This is a very good thing in my life and brings me much happiness.

In the comment/reply describe two things that make you happy. I look forward to reading the two things about SotA that help you with your quest on the path of happiness.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  2. Zapatos80

Zapatos80 Avatar

I'm very happy, and things keep getting better. Kudos Portalarium!

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am happy with this game all the time. No option for me to select that. :)

EDIT: And I cannot see the results due to no selection that matches my feeling of the game. :(

4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am happy most of the time. When the game finally releases and there are players everywhere, I will be happy almost all the time.

5. _Twilight_

_Twilight_ Avatar

Part of why this game is so good and different is the friendly people that are in and part of this game!

6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I have some great times in game already. I am happy with the possibilities of what this game can be, as well and excited for the stuff still yet to come. (such as; Boating, Mounts, Treasure Hunting, Fishing updates, Agriculture updates and much more). There are still things that must be implemented for this to feel like a finished game imo.

So to me the poll on the OP sounds like this would be a thread for judging an incomplete game, which this game is by no means completed and is a game still in actual development So I would re-word the Poll to not make this thread not seem like a gripe session of a game not yet done. If there is something the OP is trying to fish out from us except do we like where the game is going or what our feedback is to what we see is still needed or missing, then that is all good, but for whether we like it when it is ready to release then for that we shall see.

7. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I'm pretty happy most the time I think. What would make me much happier is the general nerfing of mining's importance.

Hear me out: There is no alternative to enchanting/MW gear to actually have nice things. We don't have magic weapons/armor so we're forever destined to craft most of our gear with maybe a 0-2 artifacts thrown in for specific setups. All that gear then requires the same two resources of gold/silver to enchant and MW and the only *real* source of those two resources is Elysium mines. If Elysium mines gets nerfed then heaven help us all.

My solution? Add another kind of siege where the siege engineers drop gold/silver ore. There's no reason one profession needs to be solely and imminently important for providing the ability for ALL adventuring classes to have nice things.

Liltipsy, Ranco, blaquerogue and 4 others like this.
  8. Spartus

Spartus Avatar

That is great to hear, and it is amazing that games can have such benefits. I am happy with the game some of the time and enjoy the world framework (art, lore, and difficulty) and the motivated community. It may take a while before I am happy with the game most of the time, but at least I can enjoy reading the forum posts until then.

9. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

If the game makes you happy that is all that matters. I am one of those mixed people but I have other distractions while I see how things turn out.

10. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

I am happy with parts and unhappy with others. Currently it's about balanced so I am humdrum. A few future decisions could tip the scales on way or the other.

11. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Game can be super immersive with a little imagination and disabling a lot of the HUD elements.
    Now that i've grinded to the point where I can survive most of the content, almost every time I play, its a dynamic adventure.

Grindy Min/Max Spec Power-Player Mode
    [​IMG]

Adventure Mode
    [​IMG]

Dhanas, SouthEndAL, Solazur and 3 others like this.
  12. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

One of the things I like most about the game is being a part of shaping it. For me, it's really a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity where I have had the chance to work directly with the Devs to move the project forward. I can't think of any other game where there has been such a high level of player access to a development team. Not only that, but they listen. They don't always go in a direction I prefer and I can be vocal about what I don't like. But it's too easy to focus on where things lack and overlook all the good things happening. :)

I derive happiness from other things as well - exploring the areas I can survive in, grouping with friends, crafting and decorating. I just set my own pace and off I go. I am hoping that I'll be rocking out on SoTA and for many years to come. :)

13. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

I'm happy with the game so far:

Pro's:
    - It has a great and dense ambience
    - Very motivating skill system, no classes
    - The crafting complexity is at a good level
    - Housing is very good
    - Mature community
    - Mature content (no jumping cactus, crocos with fairy wings etc.)
    - No item grind
    - A huge world to discover
    - Not 10000 quests in every corner
    - No question- or exclamation marks on NPCs

Con's:
    - Long loading time's
    - Memory Leak issues
    - Incomplete content
    - Just 1 character slot

14. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Mostly happy, but one thing is really annoying and thats my look ahead about no CAPS at all!
    and therefor...
    • to be forced to skill all and everything to be competetive in PVP and have no choice of creating your own class from all schools and skills, but be a Jack of all Trades
    • to have no dependencies for crafters and harvesters and be a Jack of all Trades
    • to have no dependencies in group play, but instead Jack of all trades Characters who solo Bossmobs and clear out sieges solo etc...
    I want a Cap System - hard, soft i don't care what grants me the 3 points above are gone and people need to make choices and depend on each other!

At least for all online Modes - not for Singleplayer offline - there it can be as it is right now.

This said - i am actually mostly happy, but if these points don't change i forsee nothing good to the games population or to the games wealth at all.
    And in the long term i will sure maybe :rolleyes: quit if these things don't change.

15. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

[​IMG]

I log in almost every day.
    So i am at least not unhappy.
    Loading times still suck. And that's my main grief at the moment.

16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

17. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

Yep, happy , but then again , doesn't take much to make me happy. :rolleyes:

18. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Took the words right out of my mouth...

Fionwyn Wyldemane and Time Lord like this.
  19. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

20. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

This poll is not about judging an incomplete game, but about assessing what in this incomplete game brings you happiness. Are *you* happy yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.