Still no mounts :-(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jem3299, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Why not just do mounts like they were in the original Ultimas? Only useful and visible on the world map and then take it from there.

Numa and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I'm all for mounts but I think that this topic is linked with the overland map.

They realy need to make the overland map bigger for the mounts to be useful. I know that Novia is only a part of New Britannia but we are already able to cross the continent in 15 minutes. With horses, the distances should be 4 times bigger. That's a good opportunity to discuss this as the overland map urgently need a refresh : towns need regional design and look like towns (a bit like Owl's Head), not only 5 buildings placed there.

I wonder why they don't try to copy the town zone, minimize it (with far less details) and place it on the overland map.

As for mounts within the scenes, I have no idea how they could be handled. Some zones are way too small, and I don't even mention the mines where mounts are completely useless. Maybe they could follow us like passive pets and act as containers ?

Numa and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I guess it was on my mind because recently I played some of Black Desert online and they have this feature. I also like the idea of making better plants or different special plants with combining ;)

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  4. Preachyr

Preachyr Avatar

Devs have said many times now that mounts are not in scope for episode 1, so there's your answer for that.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Mounts don't have to be just for travel. There are many reasons for them to be useful in other ways. I would love to join in a horse race. or jump on my horse to carry a bit more, or breed them. They will come in episode two anyway but as with anything we can always hope for the best iteration of them.

6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I'm really starting to adore your brain :)

majoria70, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Attenwood like this.
  7. DeadnGone

DeadnGone Avatar

Breed them like in Black Desert Onine as well... maybe just to pull my wagon full of wares around too (lots of different wagon types) :p
    Would be nice to see other reasons to have mounts than simple travel implemented. Maybe basement museums, zoos, wildlife preserves so they are separate instances not killing everyone's performance in a town.

majoria70 likes this.
  8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I definately prefer the sound of wildlife preserves :p zoos always gave me the creeps...

Alleine Dragonfyre and majoria70 like this.
  9. JaeKo

JaeKo Avatar

No I would definitely rather have mounts in zone before on the map. I mean, it would be great on map to but Zone is a must

10. JaeKo

JaeKo Avatar

I have heard people use the argument that the zones are "too small" Which I don't believe is true at all. Even if a zone could be traveled in 15 minutes on foot. I'd rather do it in 7 minutes and others that don't, well, they don't have to use a mount! :)

11. Numa

Numa Avatar

I just had to crawl across the overland map ( -30% movement hit due to being overburdened) to get to a place which had something I badly needed. Had to avoid random encounters because my DEX was shot to hell. A pack animal would have been a godsend - with the caveat that I'd have to protect it if I got pulled into a random encounter.

Btw, Port will have to adjust the current limitation of just one pet ( 1 Elemental or 1 Combat Pet) if pack mounts are to be practical. You'd want your favorite pet bear to protect your pack donkey if things go south in your journeys.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
  12. Ushimimi

Ushimimi Avatar

Where would you get Coconuts in Mercia, anyway?

For real though I would like to put my stamp on this post as well. Preferably, we'd get mounts who didn't magically disappear when we dismounted, but maybe followed us like pets or let us lead them by the reins to a stable.

I know it's more work and less "Modern MMO Quality of Life" friendly, but it's like a lot of things seem to be in SotA, where immersion beats convenience - one of the design philosophies I love about it.

Ahuaeynjgkxs likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.