Option to buy a lot from another player?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hammadowna, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Would it be an interesting idea to allow players to try and purchase already placed lots by being willing to spend more to maintain them? Say there is a great spot in Owl's Head that I would like that a current player already "owns". What if you could put up an amount of CotO's you're willing to spend over the normal upkeep on the property and then the current "owner" would be notified that they will need to either match or beat this price to keep the property?

I think it would be a cool way to keep things fairer for people that weren't there for the original landrush. It would also make a goodly sum for Portalarium.

2. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I wouldn't really call it more fair to allow people to buy something expensive that is supposed to work one way and then change it to work in a completely different way afterwards, potentially leaving them with nothing.

Tiina Onir, 3devious, Elwyn and 3 others like this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

That is not fair, that is giving power to those with more.

Solazur, Salix, 3devious and 5 others like this.
  4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Sempiternal's posts are such a goldmine.

Solazur, Kaisa and Salix like this.
  5. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Talk about favoring the wealthy...

6. smack

smack Avatar

That's an interesting proposal! It's like Open Housing PvP and ransom system! So, where do you live? I've got to talk to the mayor of that town... :rolleyes:

Then why stop at property lots? So let's extend this to anything any other player owns, especially for the rares. :D:p

Solazur, K1000, 3devious and 3 others like this.
  7. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Is it April 1? :confused:

Pelkman101, Solazur, Salix and 4 others like this.
  8. jfoytek

jfoytek Avatar

This maybe one of the worst idea's I have ever read....

9. Diminio

Diminio Avatar

I'd go for adding small for sale signs on the corners of any lot for sale (archeage like).

You'd click the sign, buy for the displayed amount. That money (and anything left on the lot)gets mailed to the previous owner and you instantly get the lot.

Vladamir Begemot and Badger3 like this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

While the above seems like a very bad griefing style we don't normally want in this game.

However there was an old idea floating around where specific houses in the game would be for "rent". Like one house per town or suchlike. Where each quarter those specific houses would have an auction and the winner got 3 months "rent" of the house.
    Then when those are up there is a new auction etc.

But that was way before the tenant system came in. Nowadays id say that things like that is even less plausible.

Sempiternal Dragon likes this.
  11. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

So if i want a Spot i can try to outbid everybody with real money.

Eh was that a serious suggestion?

What about this, if i'm able to organize a bunch of punks we are able to claim empty houses, even castles for nothing and if the Owner want his claim back we ask for 1000 Cotos, but if another gives us 1500 we may decide to give it to him or we may decide we just hold it and dont care for their money.

K1000, 3devious, Kaisa and 1 other person like this.
  12. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Hahaha what a funny idea, Stundorn. Just as funny as the original post, which I hope has been meant to be a joke as well. :cool:

K1000 and Stundorn like this.
  13. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

Okay okay, you had your fun. Now is the time to jump out from behind the hedge and yell: "I got you! I got you all!!"

Solazur, K1000 and LiquidBlaze like this.
  14. Guppy

Guppy Avatar

Too funny, talk about the ultimate griefer feature. Pay a certain number of COTO's to take someone's house for one month, then let it drop the next month. Portalarium could also have a raffle, to be "fair", and reassign the Royal Founder LOTM title to those not around at the time.

EDIT: On a serious note, if someone is looking for a lot in one of the main towns it is possible but it takes a bit of work. Housing is my favorite part of the game so I constantly check the town criers of town's I like ,to see if there is a "better" lot available than the one I have, to upgrade a location. So far since the land rush (2 upgrades in the last month) I have traded lots into:
    Brit Alley, Aerie, Resolute, Ardoris, Desolis, Spite, Nesoskia, Celestis, Port Graf, and several PRT's (Still no luck though in Brit Central, Braemer or Soltown). I only upgrade if the lot is near the town center. It is never for profit I just let the old lot drop.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    K1000, Bayard, Kaisa and 3 others like this.
  15. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

this could be an interesting idea if it were applied to the crafting area where the public vendors were in the story cities but not for every day lots.

a guild could bid on the area a receive a small % of the gold spent there via vendor fees and burn mats salts/coal. maybe give the option to upgrade the crafting stations.

something like how albion handels their stations but probably well beyond anything port would be interested in doing in ep 1

Sempiternal Dragon likes this.
  16. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

I thought it would be a more fair way than just people saying "I was here first". What makes that any better than actually showing your dedication to shroud and ponying up some real cash?

17. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Sorry man but I have to disagree, as long as taxes are paid, early founders should keep their lots. (Including tax free, as those pledges made what we have today even possible.) Although I'm not really liking all the mean spirited responses to a clearly naive post. Just explain why it wouldn't be a good idea, suggest a better one, or keep your trap shut.

18. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Are you saying that if you purchased a lot with $1,000 real cash that you would be ok with me taking your lot with COTOs harvested in game (for no cash) in an amount you can't compete with?

Where's your lot again? :)

I'd offer that a better feature might be to enable a current lot owner to put their lot up for sale - if they wanted to - in a silent auction that is advertised by the town crier.

But of course game mechanics aren't needed for that. It can be done here in the forums.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    K1000, 3devious and Net like this.
  19. Net

Net Avatar

How about you claim lot in town that is not that known at the time and work alone or with others to make that town center of commerce or adventuring or whatever?

Owl's Head is rather overrated, sure it is great spot for anyone who played the game for a while and knows about Hidden Vale, in thee long run I think there are much better towns to be in.

Seriously everyone has to pay a rent or at least log once in a while to keep their lots, if they do not, you can claim their lot. In the meantime there are still some rather nice spots left in the game. Mostly in those parts of the map that devs did not polish, but wait for the polish and some of them will get really popular rather quickly.

K1000 likes this.
  20. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

It makes it better because it actually makes sense. Being first is the biggest factor of buying something in pretty much every walk of life. You're there first, you get the first chance. It's simple, it's fair, it works.

Your idea is not fair and it's way to abuse specific players and cause some serious ill-will. You think it would be fair if someone bought your house out from you, just because they have more money than you or because they don't like you?

Players that show dedication to the game don't just throw money at development. They try to find well thought out ideas that will make the game better for everyone. And that includes the players that were here first that helped build this game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.