Hey can the toll for the various passes be nuked?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astirian, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I'm curious, what is your definition of expensive?

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. redfish

redfish Avatar

The best thing would be for guilds to be able to take over control points, then the guild that owns the control point can ask you (optionally) to pay a toll to let you pass unharmed. If you refuse the toll the guild charges, going through the gated area opens you to PvP.

Cordelayne and Disgruntled like this.
  3. Numa

Numa Avatar

I like this idea a lot :)

And if guilds have a flag or emblem then let these fly over the control points on the overland map as long as they have control over it.

4. Numa

Numa Avatar

[​IMG]

:)

5. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Definitely not a pitiful amount like 1500! ;)

6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

So you usually pay this 1500 to get across?
    I for one dont even on a completely new character because whats the point?

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Like other things, the pass toll is a legacy idea that isn't what it was originally meant to be.

Cordelayne and smack like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Avatar

Is there any way to find out how much gold has been collected since persistence? A gold sink that doesn't get any gold is hardly a sink. :p

If its 150 gold, and it gets me over to the other side. ie. Directly out to the overland, I might consider using them. And if I kill the mage, it activates the portal. I will definitely use it.

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Control points are a big disappointment. We have this fabulous map that is designed for areas of conflict with control points splitting the land and regions, and even one or two more i think would be ideal, one NE and one in the SW.....

They could give a meaning to regions, a barrier to pass and could easily and most preferably be tied into guild or faction ownership. I did make a post once that allowed everyone even non pvp players to make an allegiance to a group/faction if control points were made own able, where they then had free access to the rest of the map. Other regions though they wouldn't.. I digress...

They should i hope have a big future for the game, they are an asset that's not being utilised.

smack, Gorthyn and Disgruntled like this.
  10. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I pay the tolls in QA just to save time. I run through the scenes on the live server. The last time I tried to hold a control point was pre-persistence over in Vertas Pass, I think (the elves). The last time I tested trying to hold a control point was at least six months ago in Eastreach.

11. Dirtmuncher

Dirtmuncher Avatar

Maybe the gold "problem" could be partially remedied by taking out the daily 500 oracle reward????

Elwyn and Disgruntled like this.
  12. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

* Commercial break *
    Want to get through the Pass unharmed? Buy the new "ViP Pass Ticket" from the Addon Store. Only 20$ for 5 Tickets. Or Buy the now "Shroud Season Pass" for only 100$ to gain unlimited excess. For limited time only! New Content every Month, you're welcome!

13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

And get blessings at the shrines, eat 2 foods and use shield of ice buffs, douse, and celestial blessing as you run thru. I never go adveuring without blessings and food.

14. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Or just buy one of the @DarkStarr sets/weapons and walk by in style ;)

PAY TO WIN FTW

15. Net

Net Avatar

It has to be lower than 100 gold. I would say 20-50 gold. I can get scroll for 100-150 gold, would rather use scroll to get directly where I need to go than to go to overland map, to pass, pay tool, go out of pass, on map, and where I need to go.

The toll should be higher when someone is encumbered.

Gerugon likes this.
  16. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

both this and remove the ghosting across option so theres any point in paying in the first place. Long before decay starts to hurt you can sleep walk all passes.

Net likes this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

FWIW, there is a place on one side where two roads go up to the top of a mountain and don't quite meet. With a bit of patience, you can jump between them and avoid the worst of the aggro.

I had thought this was by design (for instance, the way around Forest Siege over the far right side), but when I mentioned it at Sotacon, one of the devs reacted like I had found an ezpz zip-right-through exploit. I had to explain that it was not easy, and that the difficulty was sufficient that I thought it was intended. (and maybe it was intended by another dev, for all I know)

Numa, Alley Oop and LoneStranger like this.
  18. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I don't even bother with Vauban Pass anymore. It just takes too long to get through If I want to get over there, I check when the Brookside rift is open. RIght now it's 1 1/2 minutes away and I could get there right now if I wanted to. Getting out is even easier if Brookside isn't under siege. If I looked and saw that it was 50 minutes away, I might bother with the pass if I really wanted in there.

Teleports aren't even useful because it's not a very popular area. The only people I see there are in Graff mines, so I couldn't use them as a destination anyhow.

The hell with bypassing passes, where can I get this Darkstarr pimpitude! I want to be style incarnate!

19. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I lived in Spite for over a year, since persistence just moved :) Vauban is one of the faster ones and I don't know if you are in light armor or not but if you are you should be able to outrun most damage

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It's not the outrunning, it's the time it takes to cross that scene. At least Eastreach Gap slows me down because of OCD wanting to harvest everything. Vauban is just a long slog of nothing but aggro everywhere unless I take the mountain pass, and even then it still takes way too long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.