The new way of deleting threads by the mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sea Hunter, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

"I'm just speaking the truth." Hear it a lot. Can't help but also hear the trailing echo"...in the foulest way possible."

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  2. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

No reason to be insulting. I think this thread so far has been pretty spot on.

3devious and Mykll like this.
  3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Has anyone ever successfully had their post/thread undeleted?

4. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

LOL, that is a good question. I am going to lean towards the side of no way. ;)

KnownInGameAsGeorge likes this.
  5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Probably why it was changed. Only going to make it worse by battling it out and still not getting that undelete.

6. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I am not after a un delete. This is more constructive criticism on how the system works right now.

7. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I am going to put on my rhetorical answer man hat and suggest the best way is to directly PM Berek about this.

(edit) - unlinking names.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

My mistake, wanting to have a conversation with the mod that deleted a post only means one thing to me. Not accepting the mods actions. I guess there could be need for more clarification but my guess is that's a small percentage of the cases.

I didn't take this thread as you attempting to get a post undeleted. Only that the system doesn't make it easy to have that conversation with the mod that did the delete.

Hunter OfSouls likes this.
  9. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

In the recent past how many times has Berek posted in a thread and then just closes it. come on.

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Not sure that has anything to do with my post?

Darlok Brimstone likes this.
  11. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

you are right, I misquoted. I appologize, I meant stryker. He invoked Berek to this thread. I am sorry friend.

12. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Questions about moderated posts need to go to the moderators. If there is further questions than the comment you receive, then you have to take them to the Lead Moderator - you may not get an answer for a few days, and you may need to point out in the PM exactly which post it was, and what comment you got back.

I have had questions about missing posts in the past and how they disappeared, and it was likely due to the fact that I quoted someone from whose post got moderated to the unseen state. I never got a message that my own post was moderated, but did end up missing, and was explained as such.

moxiepilot likes this.
  13. Andartianna

Andartianna Avatar

Typically companies have been switching to anonymous mods. This help prevent harassment to the employees. Any employee can typically tell you the reason why you were moderated so there is no need to talk to a specific one about it. Simply PM Berek if you have a question or sent in a support ticket.

14. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

That is not what this thread is about. No one needed to invoke moderation. You felt you needed to, and that brings into question why. Well I understand why, to get the thread locked. Thanks.

KnownInGameAsGeorge likes this.
  15. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Could also be explaining your position to the mod. When they come down overly hard and threatening an outright ban over a minor slight remark, and they claim they want you to PM them, I wanted to state my position and that in no way was I saying something so outrageous that it required a forum ban. What do I get in return?

"This discussion has concluded."

I wasn't trying to reverse the action of being moderated, I was trying to figure out how a future action of a ban is warranted with the current remark.

MrBlight and Hunter OfSouls like this.
  16. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

In the past I have had problems with moderation. They said submit a ticket to support. So I did. You know who accepts those support tickets? The mods from the forums. Needless to say its an exercise in futility. What do you do when you send support and the person you are complaining about is the person who receives the tickets?

17. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I have unlinked names.

18. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

@Stryker Sparhawk, First off let me start with I mean no disrespect at what I Am about to say. If you read this thread you would see the issue is not the deleted post the issue is the fact that you CAN NOT contact the person who deleted said post.
    I do not want to play email tag with Berek or Sara. I understand how the rules work with contacting a mod, but by all means show me how I Can do that here on the forums? I mean is this not where the interaction should happen? I honestly believe they do it this way to make it tougher for people to actually get a response. @Spoon posted how it used to be way back. I remember that. I wish it was that way again. But please try not to bait folks with posting. I really would like this thread to stay alive and let people actually have a chat about this. No harm in that.

Darlok Brimstone likes this.
  19. Darlok Brimstone

Darlok Brimstone Avatar

I do not understand what that means.

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Not going to go down this hole with you. I've been modded and I've been a mod. Seen and done all kinds of things on forums. The odds of someone not knowing they were pushing the line or going way overboard is slim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.