How do I get a ring repaired?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Navarr1948, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navarr1948

Navarr1948 Avatar

one of the very few good item drops I have gotten since I started playing 2 weeks ago is a +10 Fire ring. It is now down to about 7 of 40 and giving me a broken icon (I think that is the cause of the icon). I have gone to Alchemists, used repair kits, gone to blacksmiths and nothing allows me to get it repaired. I have assumed it will be destroyed and have been looking for a replacement, but not found anything as good yet. So I an asking for help or advice or direction. Thanks in advance.

2. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Elwyn and Spoon like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

To fully repair it you will need to use a coto. You can buy cotos on player vendors for varied prices and they are very rare drops in the game. Personally I have never gotten a gold crown of obsidian as a drop and I do play quite a lot. Anyway if you have a coto go the the blacksmithing table to repair it there.

4. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

Hello Nvarr. The ring you're wearing is an artifact, and artifacts require a special repair item called an ancient essence. You normally get ancient essence from salvaging artifacts. You can buy them from other players usually for around 5000-7500 gold each.

They always repair 20 durability on artifiacts.

Elwyn and Mac2 like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

edited. Oh sorry I wasn't thinking but yes you will have to use an essence to repair an artifact that you get from breaking down other artifacts.

Numa likes this.
  6. Navarr1948

Navarr1948 Avatar

So is it worth the trouble/expense or do I buy a new ring? I have 2 COTO from rewards but didn’t know what to use them for.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well you can buy things on the coto vendors or you can pay rent with them if you have a taxed deed. I would just save them and hopefully we will sometimes get coto rewards from the devs for doing things and some type of reward system for achievements once they get those in game. I think one coto pays something like 3500 credits onto a taxed lot if you have one claimed with a deed plus it will fully restore durability to armor and weapons. I'm not sure about artifacts anymore I have not tried repairing them with essences but it seems cotos still can repair them too. Sorry I don't mean to be so confusing ;).

Numa likes this.
  8. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

If I remember right, that ring gives a small bonus to fire magic and 10 attunement. You can socket your chest "armor" or a staff, with two rubies and get the same attunement bonus. I don't think the fire bonus good enough to worry about repairing it if you are just starting out. I would put it in the bank and then later ether repair it, use it in a recipe, or salvage it for essences to repair something else. This is just my opinion.

9. Koss

Koss Avatar

Nice... grats on your drop!

10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

CotOs should be saved for repairing the second number. The first number can be repaired with repair kits, except (as noted above) for artifacts.

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

since your questions were already answered ill just say: welcome to the SotA family!

Numa likes this.
  12. St Drahcir

St Drahcir Avatar

Welcome to the SoTA Family! Man, you are pretty lucky to have found that after 2 weeks in. I haven't had any artifact drops yet for me and I've been here since January of this year.

Juan Solo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.