1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Q2 2018 Schedule Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I understand your bladed skill going up 10 levels at this point from level 130 or 140 or something gives you the 3% boost. I'm just curious about the math at 120 vs 80 for all skills.

2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I actually agree with this. It gives the casual player that right now would never be able to reach the levels as the hardcore. I would have one exception however is that the specializations could continue with harsh penalties. This would let the hardcore excel and the casual still would be able to compete. I would go into the RP aspect of hardcaps also but I have done so in many threads before.

K1000 likes this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree. Factions are very much needed and little news has been talked about on them. Not just factions for pvp but for RP also. NPC factions would be great.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

deleted until later

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Thank you Majoria. What NPC factions could do is open up a place for casuals who do not care for powerleveling so much. It gives purpose and a sense of belonging to players that do not want to join guilds but can still be sociable. It allows people to explore the storyline and be creative while adventuring giving birth to fantasy RP scenarios and stories to be written. It makes the game more inclusive for people that are not so min/max and possibly would draw people that likes the single player offline into our multiplayer world.

6. eli

eli Avatar

if you want repeatable content for end-game, i don't see how you could pass over pvp. Infinitely repeatable with new challenges every time for a bare minimum of invested resources.

You could even do this by only repurposing existing stuff.. e.g.: A) put a matchmaking/queueing system (oh hey, you're building that anyway) on an instance. B) put a flag skin on a gust-ball and reduce its gravity. C) remove the skin from some trap and trigger a victory if there's a flag in them. wow you have CTF

Or increment an accumulating timer for every second a player is on a trap. bam, you have king of the hill.

put 3 of those accumulator traps on a map and you have domination.

Or make 3 time accumulator traps only sensitive to one team and put them in a castle. whoa you invasion.

I think that having a bunch of half-ass options which we can enjoy and give feedback on, is better than having a perpetually ignored desire for a visionary perfect and balanced pvp system integrated with stories and virtues and pve and guilds etc.

We can attempt to create balance and purpose manually. What we can't attempt to create is organization, rules enforcement, and score-keeping.. that's the role of the game.. virtue league is amazing and i commend all the effort put into it, but it's a metagame born from desperation.

7. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Brewing!! /huzzah

8. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I know someone who knows something about factions :rolleyes:

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  9. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

• Combat: A pass will be made on combat balance looking at different combat and magic schools. This will include Taming, right? :)

10. Max Bennis

Max Bennis Avatar

Thank you @DarkStarr for great information!

There are still a lot of attend to in order to make SotA truly attractive towards gamers who've yet to join, and to players who've already joined many months ago.

But I've strong belief it's gonna happen, it just takes time. (Sometimes a bit more than we expected)

Keep up the good work!

Beli, Chatele and majoria70 like this.
  11. Early Winter

Early Winter Avatar

Any news on Crafting Specializations in Q2?

12. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

When do we finally see the Cloud Cannon, Electric Rifle and Electric Blunderbuss for Players ingame?

"In Release 39 we introduced few new weapons for the City Kobolds including an Electric Blunderbuss and a Chainsword. The Chainsword can be looted from the Kobolds and wielded. It can even be salvaged for patterns. In Release 40 we will be introducing a handful of new bludgeon weapons for these Kobolds as well that players can loot from them and wield or try to salvage for patterns. In future releases players will also be able to loot the ranged weapons and use them as well."
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=69722#Weapons

The announcement was over a year ago and still no sign of them in the Q2/2018 Update.
    What is going on?

Rentier likes this.
  13. Kpopgurl

Kpopgurl Avatar

I think the ammo system was postponed... with it the work on wands and staffs + ranged combat.

14. Arcanoxer

Arcanoxer Avatar

I can not read anything about the ammo system in the Q2 / 2018 update.

Play a archer they said, it's the most polish class they said...

15. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Anyone knows if we will see this feature coming this year?

• Item Reputation & Affinity: Items will gain a reputation and affinity to the player wielding them after repetition of certain actions. That reputation will be represented by a name and an effect. For example, after killing 1000 dark elves, your trusty long sword is now called “Elf Bane” and deals an extra 2% of damage against dark elves.

16. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Been eagerly awaiting that for a long time!

17. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Hopefully the durability would reset - at that point.

Boris Mondragon and By Tor like this.
  18. Daigoji Gai

Daigoji Gai Avatar

Not sure why a title and an affinity dmg bonus would suddenly cause the sword to resurrect like a phoenix with reset durability... but that is me. I can see reforging (or restringing) a weapon impacting durability, but not an affinity bonus from you using it more to perform a specific task.

19. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

That's not going to happen.

20. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Well that stinks - I’d hate to see the durability in a bow after killing all those critters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.