What the hecktor is going on with teleporting to Owls Head?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alexandra Cornfellow, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

This is just silly. I've burned through a six pack of teleport scrolls trying to get to Owl's head. Last week it would freeze up at 98%. This week I teleport directly into the moon gate in Owl's Head and immediately shoot off to someplace else--latest one to Blood River. Loocie, you got a lot of 'splainen to do...

Yesterday I searched the bug reports and found nothing about this.

Am I the only one? Please tell me I'm not the only one...

2. rpgmaniac82

rpgmaniac82 Avatar

Lots of people are having trouble entering owls head apparantly,but,from what i heard if your settings are set to beautiful in the options you can enter though i dont know how that would work for each individual,try it out and see ;)

3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

margaritte likes this.
  4. Money Mike

Money Mike Avatar

Can confirm, had this issue yesterday after the maintenance patch. Needs fixed. Can’t explain how but it randomly started working again.

5. Alexandra Cornfellow

Hi @Rentier, like I said in my OP, I looked in the bug forum yesterday after it happened a few times. There was a bug report about the 98% freeze, but not about teleportation directly into the moon gate. I was just wondering if it was only me having this specific problem...

Rentier likes this.
  6. Apollo31

Apollo31 Avatar

just happened to me 5 minutes ago

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1 happened over the weekend

8. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I walked directly into Owls Head twice yesterday and bugged out at 98%. I had to reboot to unfreeze my screen.

9. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

You couldn't even alt-tab out of the game?

10. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Nope. I tried and it bring up windows that were open to select in the preview but when I selected any of them it just went back to the game screen. Also, i just crashed again at 98% a minute ago by walking into the city but it only kicked me out of the game. I didn't have to reset my computer.

11. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

It's probably all those pesky tele-vendors at the front gate that are keeping us scrubs out since we don't buy there stuff. lol.

12. Alexandra Cornfellow

Golly gee whiz this is getting irritating (doing my best to avoid expletives). Still teleporting directly into Owl's Head moongate (or whatever they're called). I bet if Richard knew about this he'd have it fixed tootsweet

Gregg247 likes this.
  13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

its been going on for a few releases now... I have stuff stucked into Owls's head bank... can't meet the focus trainer.

Did bug reports, many others confirmed... so I guess a fix hasn't been found yet :(

14. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I really wish, until this is 100% fixed, the Lunar Rift to Owls Head would Teleport you NEAR Owls Head, so that you at least have a chance then to enter Owls Head from the overland map.

That way, if entering Owl Head fails, you can still re-start your game and try again, instead of being returned to the previous Lunar Rift you were trying to get to Owls Head.

Granted, I don’t know how complicated that might be to change though.

15. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

If you guys have the second entrace/exit unlocked, try to use that one. Not sure why but some people are able to enter using the second entrance.

majoria70, Elwyn, Montaigne and 2 others like this.
  16. Alexandra Cornfellow

Hi @Rada Torment, is it possible to choose your entrance when teleporting to someone in Owl's Head? If so how do I do it--apologies, but I'm old, and not incredibly bright.

17. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

When using a Teleport Scroll, you can’t select which entrance. Only when on the World Map and then entering Owls Head do you get an option to select which entrance (provided you have discovered the other exit white in Owls Head).

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

ya, I have been having trouble with this lately, 98% get stuck.

19. Alexandra Cornfellow

Thanks @Jaesun that was my understanding as well. Perhaps I'm not being clear with my posts. @Rada Torment, this happens when I attempt to teleport to a friend who is already in Owl's Head. I've wasted a dozen or so teleport scrolls trying this--giving up for the time being. But I suggest someone take a look at this issue. We seem to have quite a few new folks testing out the game, and this kind of thing doesn't present a pretty picture. I wonder if a tweet to RG might make something happen?

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Any large zone is having the issue (I have it in Owls and Serenite guild PoT). I posted something days ago asking for an update from the devs and they were silent. My concern is that we are probably past patch dates for this release which means it wont be fixed until next release at the end of the month. Since this happens to me all the time, Im rather unhappy about that. But saying that, this is probably one of those really complex bugs they are working on. But when I read the stand up, I dont see any focus on it. Imagine all of our new players right after release....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.