<$100K to 3mil! Woowoowoo!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitch [MGT], Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

Hey guys,

I just noticed that we're only 100k away from 3mil, that's GREAT news, let's keep it up and keep spreading the good word of SotA!

Your friend,

Mitch

smack and Eriador like this.
  2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Damn it, this means I may have to sell a kidney or something for a computer that can handle a Virtual Reality gaming rig.

Just remember, when we're all on our knees computing Pi all day, it'll be because that tool RG guy created the Overlord! :D

3. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Unfortunately once we hit a new number like that it does not come with new stretch goals. Only goals met during the Kickstarter will be honored on release 1. At least that is how it was explained to me. Portalarium allotted certain funds to go to certain places when they outlined the budget after the Kickstarter was complete. Any other funds applied after that would go towards expanding the currently planned out stretch goals. But that doesn't mean no VR treatment in episode 2 or 3....

4. Lordy

Lordy Avatar

i didn't resist, despite Oculus Rift is not going to land on SOTA anytime soon....i decided to purchase a second hand Dev Kit....should arrive in a couple of days....really looking forward to it...

5. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Yuuuupppp!

OSullivan likes this.
  6. Joviex

Joviex Avatar

Yep. If they had the 500k 9 months ago, they could have planned around to use it for the goal.

Just because they "finally" got the money, does not mean they can just ad hoc some new features into the engine; effectively called feature creep.

sgt_pEppEr and Bramagola like this.
  7. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Even if the money can't go towards new features now, more money into the features already planned currently or for later is only a good thing. Either way, three million is a nice amount to reach, and go beyond! ;)

sakuraba, smack and mitchellhamilton like this.
  8. smack

smack Avatar

Myrcello has been updating a thread daily with funding and backer #'s in this thread. I've also been keeping a daily count on this spreadsheet in case people are interested.

If current trends hold, it looks like we'll reach $3M by the time Release 2 is out. But I also share the opinions here that we don't add any new stretch goals until the game ships. Let's use all the existing funding to make the current game as high quality as possible. While they've accomplished a lot over the past 8 months, there's still soooooo much more to do in the next 10+ months. A full vertical slice of the game really won't be ready until end of March, and then they still have an entire overland continent and underworld catacombs to create and fill with content in the 6 months after that. They're going to be busy for a while :)

sakuraba and Dermott like this.
  9. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

definitely no new stretch goals until the ones hit after the KS (mod tools and VR) are in. any new stretch goals need to get in line behind those.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  10. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

This.

The 'custom art ingame' goal would be an absolutely world-changer for me, personally!

OSullivan and Bowen Bloodgood like this.
  11. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I remember about a month or so ago someone posting an interview with LB where he was calling for an extra Mill to "finish the game". Looks like things are more than well on the way to that point. Release 2 - 4 will only help that as well.

At this point, I'm not worried about any extra stretch goals. I'd rather see the extra funding go towards maknig what's already on the plate that much better. I'd rather have the current batch of goals done and nicely polished than anb expanded list of goals that get done in a shoddy manner just trying to make sure they get done.

sakuraba and smack like this.
  12. Mitch [MGT]

Mitch [MGT] Avatar

WOOO! SotA site hits 1mil and <$80K to 3mil total!

Sir Stile Teckel and smack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.