2 servers 2 choices

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Brink1123, Oct 17, 2015.

?

Should there be two different servers for pvpers and pvers?

1. No. we should all play the same way.

2. Yes. I understand people like to play differently and they should be able to do so with like minded

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

You're saying the PvPers were bored of PvPing, so to alleviate that they want to gang up on other people 40 to 1 for a bit of entertainment?

Not a co-op game. Not an RPG. An MMO with no PvP.

Heradite likes this.
  2. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I had to reign it in a lot, was laughing too hard to click the post button.

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

2 different dev teams 2 different servers = 2 different games. Need 2 different budgets for that one.

Heradite and blaquerogue like this.
  4. Curt

Curt Avatar

Splitting into two servers would be a last resort method, hopefully we don't have to go that far.

But if you really want extreme pvp server why not make it ironman to?

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

ROFL.

6. Godfrey

Godfrey Avatar

A Tale in the Desert

Good luck with that one.

7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Your too damn picky! DA3/4 is mmo no pvp. You should check i out!

8. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

TIL four players is "massively multiplayer".

It seems I can't stop learning from your posts! :eek:

Heradite and Wintermute of CoF like this.
  9. Logain

Logain Avatar

Since when is that the plan? Last I knew is that quality is going to depend on the crafting table, the tool and the skill. Yes, if you spend a long, long time crafting, battling the decay, you could end up producing the same quality as a dedicated crafter. But one could argue that by that time, you'd be a dedicated crafter yourself. Not to mention that time, luck and location are going to have an influence on the product as well. And then there's always that little annoyance of gathering resources (or... purchasing them).

10. Logain

Logain Avatar

Been there, done that, didn't quit.
    It's true, your actions start to really matter and you have to evaluate risk versus reward very carefully, but that can give you a nice experience. One of my friends back in these days played a mage and he never walked into a crowded place (like a town, or the town, since there was only one) without 'Mana-shield' and being fully prepared to fight (with a plan to flee and people to call for assistance). He survived for month.

blaquerogue likes this.
  11. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

In a full sand box game, that might hold water. In a story driven game the content becomes funnel points for PvP.

No content is allowed to happen until PvP is handled. As long as there are enough people there at the funnel point intent on you PvPing you will never experience the content.

For some, that's the best game experience possible, for others, it's pure frustration. A PvP server doesn't change this. It only removes the type of player interested in the content. The longer the game goes on the more obvious it becomes that providing story based content on the PvP server is time wasted. A different type of content is desired on that server.

Diverge the content far enough and it's practically 2 different games. So basically, asking for a different server designed for a specific play style is asking for the devs to scrap their design plans and make the game for that play style.

What kind of game do the devs wish to deliver? Answer that and know why a full PvP server isn't part of the plan.

12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It is Dragon Age: Inqusition (the 3rd game). There is no 4.

It isn't an MMO. It isn't massive. There is no persistence. You run through a quick mission with 3 other people on a map and then you're done. You get XP, and then you can run through another map randomly pulled through the rotation.

Heradite likes this.
  13. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

its the only thing i can think of at the moment 3/4 meant either 3 or 4. i couldnt remember which one they were on i played for awhile and was bored with all the PVE aspects, then closed my account there and took it off my pc , most all the games i know of have some sort of PVP and some sort of Non PVP. I started another thread to find out what games are out there for both sides, there are some interesting ones there. I dont think we need to continue this particular discussion here on this thread. I still hold my ground id rather be on a server that has all PVP full loot, than one with all together. There are some people in this game i would love not to have to play with period, because of all the whining, Love PVP or PVE i could care less, i just know what I want. I voiced my opinion hate it or like i dont really care. To each their own.

14. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

exactly and if i concentrate on weapons or armor i can make anything anyone else makes (i also have the tables) my skill will be on weapons, but i have friends that will craft armor, nothing ill have to worry about. i dont mind going anywhere to collect whatever i may need to make anything :)

15. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

its all i could come up with besides all the ones that have partial PVP etc...we all already know. Dont lawyer me! BOTTOM LINE IS There really isn't any good PVP games out there, most lean towards PVE mostly. They also were talking about making DA3 an mmo, and thats why the friends addition was put out. To test it. You might want to read on that game. Of course 4 players is not an MMO.

Actually i dont think you've learned anything from any of my posts, or you would understand that i think PVP Sucks in this game, i try to support any PVP aspects of it, and i could care less about the stupid story line. Quests are things i do when im bored, or i want something specific! Im tired of player gatherings where all people do is emote /dance etc..... If that is fun for you then by all means please enjoy it! I actually go to some of them if they support a cause in need. I try to show up at all the gatherings i can in game to support those players holding them (which mostly are non pvp types) I support anyone's rights not to have PVP as well! Which you would also have learned if you've actually read any of my posts. Maybe you should research my posts so you can learn something from my posts.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  16. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Yeah it pretty much sucks

17. Logain

Logain Avatar

True enough. But if the game is designed properly, equipment has at least some effect on the outcome of a battle. Which means, players can be effectively removed from the field until they have generated enough resources to become a viable threat again, simply through 'full loot'. Not to mention that some of these games offer more penalties (such as loosing skill/experience). The fact that a battle is possible, doesn't mean that there is a constant battle.

I think you misunderstood me. I am very much in favour of one server, selective multi-player. I do ~NOT~ want a second server, whatever the rule-set. I simply replied to your claim that people would automatically quit a full loot game with battle being possible everywhere. Nothing more, nothing less.

Even if you concentrate on blacksmithing alone, you'd still need to get grandmaster (100 skill) there and that takes you quite a time. And that doesn't include the time you spent gathering. All that while your weapon/magic skills are going down.
    I don't claim that it ain't possible, but that it is a bad economical decision. Which is the whole point behind trading. Hence why there is going to be a viable market in SotA, since others are going to take the smart decision and focus on their strong points.

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

It all depends on how you set your character up with skills. Im just saying if you get every skill you can it wont help but if you limit to what you only need, it will be easy to get to 100 in blacksmithing. If you concentrated on that one particular skill. So what im saying is, if you get say 3 skills in magic to 70 or 80, then get your main skills armor and weapon, life and str. etc.. it can happen. Personally i will probably be killing monsters and stuff like that. being in a guild helps since you will have people that will craft only, and give to you since you went out and got the resource they needed. My advice to all of you is when you start out only pick the skills you will need. To get high levels in others you want.
    With blacksmithing you get increases in armor repair as well as product you create, i repair all my armor and weapons and the skill gains just keep going up. (granted this is only pre release, so it may change later)

19. Logain

Logain Avatar

Right. And the other guy who spends the same time in game, but focuses on battling has a 5% advantage on you healing/damage wise. That can already have a significant outcome in PvP. It's a meaningful choice. How exactly is the economy 'ruined', like you claim?

20. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Certainly, fully can be used as a method to tactically control the field.

Full loot has it's Pros and Cons. Such as the cost of PvP is much more harsh. Losses in PvP translate to sitting out of PvP, potentially requiring PvE to get back into PvP. Players trend to wearing the most economically viable gear and not their best gear.

SotA is opting for other methods for tactical removal of enemies from the field. Res sickness, durability loss, and partial loot

Full loot has no dials and knobs for the devs to tweak in the background for tuning. <- Lesson learned from UO, SotA has dials and knobs in everything.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.