2019 Giftboxes, Stockings...etc..?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaeshiva, Dec 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I know this isn't a really 'big deal' on the grand scheme of things, but a certain precedent was set with the yearly craftable stockings, and giftboxes, which had a different appearance and 'year' associated with them, which not only added much needed variety to the non-cash-shop holiday offer, but gave us all unique things to look forward to. Last year when we didn't get 2018 versions because of the changes to the team earlier that year and changing priorities and just inability to get it in, in time - we understood, these things happen, and I hoped that eventually this would be rectified.

Is this something that's just going to be discontinued completely, should we give up hope? ;)

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Would have loved to have 2019 jack-a-lanterns and wreaths. The work should be easy to schedule since you know way in advance what release they need to be ready for, and it's a perfect example of things that people WON'T complain about just being re-skins. Sure, mesh changes would be nice too... but a stocking even with a different mesh is still a stocking, the shape will only need to be tweaked, not started over from scratch. And even without mesh changes, you can do a lot just with re-skins. I'd love to have one of the existing wreaths with a purple bow.

And of course, if the price isn't exorbitant, a lot of people will keep buying them even if they already have a previous year's version. Heck, as a new player in spring, I started planning to buy the 2019 pumpkin as soon as I knew there were ones for previous years. Even as a disillusioned player by autumn, I was still planning to buy it -- but it never arrived. :-(

I know we've got plenty of other problems that are more important in the big picture, but it just seems like annual holiday items would be something where the work-benefit ratio is way in favor of making them.

kaeshiva and Cirsee like this.
  3. Yolo SoLive

Yolo SoLive Avatar

it really a favorite of mine. I wish they would Oh Santa make it so!

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also gift boxes count as a container. This year I tried to place gift boxes around the large tree in Wizards Rest and it said containers are limited to 4. I do remember being able to put a few gift boxes around the tree last year but I cannot this year. I have a give and take container placed for players also. I think we should either have more container limits to decorate the town with stockings and gift boxes which are both containrs or have some versions that aren't containers and are just deco. Wizards Rest upgraded to a town size recently but it did not help with allowable container placement. *sighs*

Belladonna Rose likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.