553 reviews on Steam and 154 Negative

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maxxgold, Aug 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

See, this is where things can get misconstrued I think. I did not write or think YOU were bashing. And I sent a PM a few days ago about this very concept to a dev. (people being belittled and dismissed etc. for their dissenting opinions)

You took what I wrote and applied it falsely to yourself then chose to include a definition as if I am unaware of something so obvious. From my point of view, you are including yourself in a discussion you do not intend to join. Instead you call people out for how they say what they say and add nothing more to the discussion. I know you probably mean well though.

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    how can a person join a toxic discussion without trying to get rid of the toxicity first? I would empty the acid from the area before walking on it.

3. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

By ignoring the toxic parts altogether or not responding at all? Take the meat of what people say and leave the fatty material of how they say it behind.

4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

I think a lot of the people in this thread that are die-hard fans (or extremely heavily invested backers) are underestimating (or ignoring, or dismissing) the problems with the starting difficulty.

I'm no gaming newbie. I don't want my hand held. I don't need quest markers. I love ultima. All that jazz.

Here's the problem.

I'm not a teenager anymore, and I can't spend hours upon hours at a time playing games. I've got a job, and a family. My playtime is restricted to very short stints.

Gix hit it right on the head with most of his points:

this was almost my exact experience with Release 20. Personally, I am very much interested in the single player experience, and don't want to spoil the game by seeing too much of it ahead of time. So I want to avoid questing. I also plan on attempting to run a pub, and would love to do a dry run and test that part of the game out. Building, decorating, selling drinks to the masses, etc.

But I can't test any of that without going through all the frustrating steps and issues listed above. So, I logged off after a couple of hours with R20, and haven't logged back in for over a week.

Now, the net result of this is that I have very little playtime. (And yes, there are those backers who very vocally insist that because of this, my opinion is worthless. You know who you are.)

Here's the other problem. This is, by all accounts, a niche game. Which is fine, and it can survive being that. However, the niche is ME, and other people like me, in my age bracket, most of whom have jobs and families.

What does this mean? It means that a good majority of the userbase (and no, I have no proof or source for this so don't demand I show it), who would be interested in trying out this game, don't have the time to do anything meaningful or test anything more than the opening section. Which also means that the ONLY people who can test the higher end stuff are the people who are incredibly die hard fans, who mostly already believe that everything is roses and perfect.

You see where I'm going with this.

Maximus., Gubbles, argyle and 3 others like this.
  5. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

This thread is currently locked for review. Since you're here already, please feel free to review the Community Rules. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.