A bit upset about land rush

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Dragon Slayer2, Aug 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

How many did you find?
    "A number", can you be a little more specific?
    What are some example towns you consider good enough? How many lots in that town are worthwhile for travel time, what template is it of the base 4?
    How many players do you think have left to place?

I Think the main misunderstanding people are having is that they are not understanding the sheer scope of how many people have to place still.
    They see 100 good lots and think "That's plenty", without understanding there are two thousand placements left to go, without counting duplicates or store bought.
    Even if it's only the last 100, 500 or 1000 that gets shafted, i still consider that an injustice

Last Trinsic Defender likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Try some of the island PRTs.

3. Umuri

Umuri Avatar

Lets see, replied to the entire post while answering none of the questions.
    In other words, you're pulling statements out of thin air just to argue and have no intention of having reasonable discourse or actually backing up your statements.
    Why bother replying at that point? Either back up your statements, or stop wasting time with inventing a strawman argument no one is making.

No one made the argument "there's not a single good spot", which is all you've been trying to prove with your vague statements of "I found one so it must be false".
    The issue is that the scope of what is viable without handicap is far eclipsed by the amount of people in desire of such a spot.

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Not everyone is going to get a great spot, it's just not going to work that way. There are, however a lot of excellent spots left. The island PRT where my house is has only two of the 148 lots claimed.

[edit] BTW, I expect that the lot I have would fall under your "crap" category, but I selected it for other reasons.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  5. Talewin

Talewin Avatar

I am disappointed by how the land rush is going. after all there are 2 reasons for house placment vendors and location.
    everyone wants to be in the trade hubs who wouldn't. I wish they would have just created a trade Bazaar where instead of house placement it was just smaller spots for vendors. this would accommodate for more people.

then there is location to hunting/gathering/ adventuring. people have there favorite spots and they want to be next to them. but the hot adventuring spot will change as the game develops and new quests are added. the big complaint I see for this one is travel time in and out of a town. if they added a system in every time similar to the ferryman in ardoris they would fix that to.

Brent Sasz likes this.
  6. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

Found a free row home in Resolute...was happy, and clicked on "marker on map".

The time it toke me to get to it, within Resolute itself, looking how far it is from the "area everyone is" near the bank, I got turned off.

No way I would run that far to put stuff into a row lot and have digital tea cup parties.

Put those row lots next to the bank, city center-ish and I will use it. Else...sorry...I wont put loading/running time into a digital row house.

But thats me, and I got no problem staying homeless if housing is more a time sink then anything else. ;)

7. Courcheval

Courcheval Avatar

I m so happy to be...homeless ;)

Beli likes this.
  8. Alex_Wildeagle

Alex_Wildeagle Avatar

I have a perfectly lovely place in jaanaford and there are plenty of lots left. Not sure what the fuss is? It's perfectly reasonable travel time.

9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community!

Join up with a POT and they can help you get a lot in game with gold after the land rush.

If you just need a place to store a chest, let me know.

10. Royou

Royou Avatar

The only thing that has me narked, is all the empty Castles that I see, I placed my keep on my time slot, did not get the first choice as I missed it by fractions of a second, so had to recall to a friend that was in the zone of my second choice, then had to sprint to him and then place. To say that none of the Keeps were taken is factually wrong, I know lots of Dukes that did place keeps. But the castles..... now that is very annoying, I agree with the one point of players should not have been able to place their second deed over their main deed, or if they wanted to go for a smaller lot should have used the main deed to get it, come second faze they are not going to have much trouble getting the castle that they want, that is the only point that I'm pissed about.

Sarek likes this.
  11. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

At the same time how many of those castle keep lots will remain empty forever because they will be placed into a POT?

12. Royou

Royou Avatar

Quite a few I should think, but that is not the point, are they placed in POT's at the moment? NO!!! they are not I should think, though I can not say that none are, but I would say that they are not placed because a lot of the LotM's went for the prime vendor lot's instead!

Edit* But then your point just adds more to the fact that main lot deeds should have been enforced, as they know that they will get the Castle, be it in an NPC town or a POT.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  13. Celthon

Celthon Avatar

I think there is a fair amount of confusion over the PRT tag on towns -- from what I have seen and heard in conversations I've had in-game, many new people see the "Player-Run-Town" (PRT) label and believe that those Towns are like POT's in that some "player" (Governor, etc.) will have the ability to evict them, and many do not want to be involved with something where another player may/may-not have control over anything they do in-game.

Probably far too late to remedy now, but perhaps there is a better label that could be put on them (PRT's), and by removing "Player-Run" from the description it may make more newcomers to the game receptive of placing a lot in one of those towns?

14. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

I agree. It's a terrible name as there's nothing player-run about the "Player Run Towns". Worse, "running" something implies more active hands-on management than "owning" it.

shathiell likes this.
  15. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

My potential fix I posted elsewhere. But yeah there are still plenty of houses left out there. And yes lots of people still waiting in line to place those houses.

Also check out these two resources:

World map with map towns, and layouts of what plots are where.
    http://www.sotamap.com/

Community updated spreadsheet of what lots are left to snag up.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_hs82dzPHslknz8jv0euMY_xwyuMbv5CRGoXbqM0zxg/

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...43849351659522/Myklls_Lot_Selection_Group.rtf

Royou and Bom like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.