A Brief History of Magic in Britannia

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Dec 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

The obsidian forge itself is a no brainer.. (if you've played U9) but it's when I saw it for the first time that I put it all together. :) It's fortunate that the texture for the forge's base was made from personal work done prior to U9 and not on EA's time, which is presumably why they can use it in SotA.. :)

2. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Yes, and I remember Scottie talking about this some time ago since he also did that work in U9 as well.

Time Lord and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I've only been to the forge once, but couldn't get close to it long enough to examine the base. Also... my memory isn't the best for those kinds of details. I can recall the basic gist of the story, but any fine details would require prompting for me.

OK PM me with the deets!! :)

Time Lord and Alexander like this.
  4. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

I'm so sad, that i cannot paritcipate in english and i hope i can find some more germanspeaking people who want to roleplay around these things, some are there, but there can't always be enough :)

I think over to bring the "Council of Obsidian" or smth.similar into beeing.

edit: I decide to name it the "Council of the Nine Circles"

A Council of Mages of all 9 schools that wants to know more about the disappeearance of the Cabal of Obsidian and want them to return or recalled or recreated.
    But this will be an only germanspeaking Project :/

If you have tips or suggestions about this,please let me know.

Edit2: ok, because the Cabal Obsidian seem to most people dark and bad.
    There are discussions pro and contra the Cabal, some of the 9 Circles want to study the ancient happening to fight elves, fomorians etc. and want the CO never come back, others want the old Power back and still others are neutral.

thanks and have fun - Stun

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    Jaanelle DeJure and Alexander like this.
  5. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Hi @Stundorn :)

The Obsidians were obsessed with Control. From what we can gather from the events of Blade of the Avatar, they were already well down the dark path of their Reign of Terror, and had also used genetic engineering to modify other races like the Elves to bring death to all who would resist submission to their Control.

So we know that the Cabal was in many aspects repeating the mistakes made by Mondain during the Age of Darkness. If so, it could be possible that they also were pursuing Time Travel as well as Immortality, in which case they may very well still "exist" somewhere and at sometime.

(translate.google.com)

Die Obsidianer waren von der Kontrolle besessen. Von dem, was wir aus den Ereignissen der Klinge des Avatars herausholen konnten, waren sie schon weit unter dem dunklen Weg ihrer Herrschaft des Terrors und hatten auch gentechnische Methoden verwendet, um andere Rassen wie die Elfen zu verändern, um den Tod allen zu bringen, die der Unterwerfung widerstehen würden Zu ihrer Kontrolle.

So wissen wir, dass die Cabal in vielen Aspekten die Fehler von Mondain während des Zeitalters der Dunkelheit wiederholte. Wenn dem so wäre, könnte es möglich sein, dass sie auch die Zeitreise und Unsterblichkeit verfolgten, und dann könnten sie irgendwo und irgendwann auch noch "existieren".

Stundorn likes this.
  6. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

Jaanelle DeJure likes this.
  7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Clarification: They altered humans into other races of their creation. Incidentally, this is exactly what Mondain did to create some (or all?) of the 'evil' races of Ultima.. of specific mention minotaurs and goblins I believe.

Alexander and Jaanelle DeJure like this.
  8. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

hej Folks :)

i began to read 'The Sword of Midras' (BotA earlier) and going deeper into lore, although my understandings are somewhat superficial, as i cannot get it all in it's literary depth.
    @Thurisaz i know the german community doing a lot of roleplay things there ;)

I found some other 'Mages' from the german community have different thoughts about a project like this and myabe i need to think all over.

But we - a friend of mine and i - who had some ideas around this themes are now doing something together and try to install something like a Council ingame and inCharacter.

Not to much planning on the forums, no spoilers or specifications about, but a "masterplan" :eek:
    just for the two of us, that maybe will attract other germanspeaking mages while we have a 'secret' :D

Oh no, we don't want to be the new Obsidian Order or the Rebells who fight them and their creations - we are just neutral, neutral, neutral ;)

I need to go now - get a call through the aether from 'The Grey Hall' :p *mysterious and dramatic music* :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.