A call for clarification regarding the combat and skills systems.

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Blitz101, Sep 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

Devs,

First off I want to say you still have my support because I know this is pre-alpha and you do address community concerns and the overland map was an example of one of those items that scared the community and was addressed to in the release after. However it's no secret that there's a lot of people concerned about the way the card combat system is being presented because of the need to look at the bottom of the screen rather than focus on the actual battle. Other concerns are the twitch mechanics of the combat system making it appear as though combat is based on luck rather than skill.

The next concern I have is the lack of a use based skill system. I am making these comments BEGGING you guys to reconsider how we skill our characters up. The use based skill system is a staple of the Ultima series and to see this game published without that makes very sad. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, if you are reading this PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE scrap the current skill point system and replace it with the "use skill" based system. If I use a sword I should be able to watch that sword skill progress to 100%.

These and other forums on MMORPG.COM are starting to fill up with suggestions and requests of refunds and not the buy in and these are the primary concerns. Please make a statement regarding these and the direction they are going to take.

Thank you,

Blitz

ilcontegis likes this.
  2. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Greetings Blitz101.

Instead of starting a new thread asking for clarification, I am going to invite you to participate in discussing the current implementation of combat and skills here: Magic, Combat, and Crafting Skills. This will help aggregate feedback for the development team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.