Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A change I'd like to see regarding housing light limits

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by jiirc, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

First off let me say that I understand why they are needed and what impact they have on the game's playability. After all I helped create the maze that called attention to the potential problems that existed without house limits. But I do have a concern with their current implementation. And as long as they are likely to be implemented on a permanent basis, I want to raise this concern. Just what exactly should count as a light source.

As I was placing items on my crafting pavilion I noticed that items with special light effects are counted towards the light limit. So in my case the smelting and blacksmithing station counted as two light source against the limit. They don't give off much light but they seem to have a regular light radius.

However, the cooking station has a light source in it as well. This light source is so small that it is hard to see. It caused hours to figure out why I couldn't place the extra light source that this item was taking up. Why should items like these that use lights for special effects count to the limit? I'm sure that the fireplaces are in the same boat, counting as a light source towards the limit.

Should items that contain light source as special effects be included in the ocunt? And if they should be, should they be bright to act like a real light source. What about an object that has two light sources? How should they be counted?

Kvow, smack and Jynx like this.
  2. Jynx

Jynx Avatar

I'm guessing a light source is counted, no matter how bad lighting it gives. Which makes me think that it would be reasonable to make the crafting stations with fires/ovens decent light sources.

Kvow and smack like this.
  3. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

We are going to up the light limits in today's patch. Long term we will also tweak the crafting station light sources to be wider radius and brighter

Kvow, Jynx and smack like this.
  4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Sweet Darkstarr. Appreciated.

Kvow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.