Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A Few Crafting Suggestions

Discussion in 'Release 61 Feedback' started by Widsith [MGT], Jan 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Widsith [MGT]

Widsith [MGT] Avatar

1. I believe it was mentioned (in a livecast? updates post?) that use of fertilizer in farming was upcoming. Well, we have large piles of stinking fish all over Novia since so many avatars are pursuing the rares. IIRC, it was the Native Americans showed the Pilgrims how to fertilize their crops by burying otherwise useless fish at the roots. So, there you go - one useless fish doubles(?) the growth rate and/or yield on a crop.

2. We need a fuel other than coal, at least to help make lower tier cooking recipes economic. How about being able to burn up one piece of any type of wood as a coal alternative, at least up through the 1 hour tier food recipes and maybe for the base smelting recipes (copper, iron). Wood has more current use than fish, but if you spend time going after reapers or siege engineers, you end up with a lot.

3. There's another large pile of fishing left-overs in the form of anomalacaris and ammonites. Perhaps they retain enough heat to be used for cooking upper tier foods and/or smelting advanced metals?

2. SoulSmith

SoulSmith Avatar

Interesting concept use a piece of wood that sell for 60 gold as a cheap alt to a piece of coal that sells at a vendor for 6 gold. Not sure how a WELL thought plan like that is going to get anyone on your side, I for one hope the dev's understand math's a LOT BETTER than you have in this point above. Wouldn't the logical thing be to suggest that you get more than one pissy little bit of coal out of a Coal Node for god sake.... One why waste peoples time and effort. Bring them in line with the mining/time ratio 8 - 14 like a large gem fragment Node and maybe people will be able to get enough to sell on their player vendors or at least make the effort of stopping to mine it worth while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.