A few queries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Corazon, May 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

Firstly, I realise it's still early days, but...
    Are the quivers and arrows ornamental?
    I think it would be cooler if the quivers would be wearable, and show on the avatar. And the arrows, don't even need them in your inventory to shoot a bow!?!
    Also, are the armour skills usable like the weapon skills are? On the tool bar they are shaded, and trying to activate them results in no action taken. For example, medium armour skill, I think it's trip or step through, which is supposed to give a chance of knocking attacker down, does not work.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I have been playing games since someone came to my parent's house and said, "Would you let us install a console on your TV so you can play a game called Pong? I played that sucker off and on for a year before they came back to claim it. Since then I have always played single-player games. My first PC game purchase was Ultima. However, I never played a multiplayer game. I tried today online but was ignored when I said hello. Is this normal? I do not mind as long as I know it is happens all the time.

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

I agree, quivers should exist, I suspect they will as they already have them in the game, it's early and I would fully expect to see usable/working quivers, I mean even Ultima VII had working quivers. And as for arrows they aren't even visible really at the time being, being tiny microscopic little sticks you can barley see or move.

Don't see how this is a reply to the thread, but you have 1 post so I will assume you are new to SOTA? If so welcome. As for players willing to talk to you in release 6, I believe the chances are lower than when the game goes live because some of us have a limited amount of time to test the release and see what's new, and don't have time to socialize at the time being, it being a limited test and all, but usually a good 30% of the players will be willing to respond, maybe even 60% it depends on who, when and where, it will be a hit and miss thing for online games, always has been.

4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Amethyst

Brian and Time Lord like this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to the community @Lady Amethyst. I most certainly will not ignore you when you say hello.

I'm not sure what the range is for chat in the game. If you say "hello", I'm not sure if it will show up to players past a certain distance. I'm guessing that only a few players were in range to see/hear your greeting and they just opted not to respond. Overall I suspect SotA will have a more social/friendly community than most online games, but that doesn't mean everyone will be social.

Brian likes this.
  6. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I agree with you. I finally tried the bow on release 6. It didn't appeal to me. It didn't seem very exciting or realistic to use. It would be much more exciting to be able to see the arrow moving towards the target. I am not sure if it is possible though. By the way, I sorry for interrupting your thread and appreciate your patience.

Brian likes this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Using an in-game reference, you could be on the craftingpavilion and still see people chatting in the tavern. I couldn't move much past this area though.

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

lol don't pay attention to him Lady Amethyst. It is not normal for people to not speak to you.
    People should still say hello if you do, well if they know to how that is.
    There are lots of friendly people so don't give up. I wasn't on much this release since my
    livingroom is under construction and I had a hard time getting on my pc
    Also if someone is in a crafting sequence they might not see your hello. But for me Hello to you and again welcome.:)

Brian and Lord Baldrith like this.
  9. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

That's ok :)
    Although it seems my second querie has been bypassed. It is possible that no one knows how those armour skills work.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Regarding armour skills, they were working for me. I believe it was in another thread that it was said the chest plate triggered what armour skills were relevant. That would mean you had to have plate for heavy armour skills. Never tried the others but I guess leather for medium and cloth for light armour skills. Not sure whether chain would be considered heavy or medium.

11. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I saw chain mail listed as medium armor. It is available at the home page under the middle column related to combat and skills. There is a lot of information but much of it is in nice table format. The only problem is that in order to get to this home page you have to log out.

12. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I often say hello... although it's in spoken words so I'm the only one who hears it... LOL

Brian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.