1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

A Musical Proclamation from Lord British!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parallaxe

Parallaxe Avatar

To be very honest, I wasn't entirely enchanted by the instrumental mp3 version of "Karelia's Song". But after I heard Iolo singing it on the "Swansong" album, I was completely stunned. What a wonderful song! Of course, I had to buy it right away - together with the whole "Swansong" album, which is - to me - equally stunning.

Wonderful news indeed, my liege (-;

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  2. mike11

mike11 Avatar

Cool. It reminds me of *blank*.

3. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

Awesome, thanks for sharing this!

4. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

I truly enjoyed listening to the new David Watson piece :D

5. taka

taka Avatar

Yeah, I can imagine that I'm walking aroud lively Britanny bank with this great soundtrack.
    Thanks for this great work Iolo and Devs.

6. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Love it.

Now ad this song as fast as possible as a low tier pledge bonus for download!

Secondly to raise sells in the Add on Store create this wonderful first new britannian grammophone for the shop:

[​IMG]

This grammophone will play the Karelia's Song (feat. David Watson) only.

But you will be able to purchase more songs in the add on store for the grammophone in the future for a small amount of money.
    ( SotA theme music of course )
    So at the end maybe you purchase the grammophone for 20 dollars and then you can purchase additonal songs for 1 - 2 dollars ( also those songs you purchase for ingame , you can use in real as you own it then)

How about that?

( make this possible for even more instruments to purchase songs they play , and even more option to generate money , the piano for example)

7. Leinad Laurelwreath

Leinad Laurelwreath Avatar

Awww... nothing from Iolo or Truly Carmichael on Spotify! Anyone knows or can share a good playlist with this kind of music?

8. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Celtic Music!!! OMG!

The Celtic Order of Druids / Bards / Tamers / Knights (CODB) guild agrees with me that this music masterpiece is truly magical! Thank you Iolo and Truly!

*Purchased*

rild, Miracle Dragon and Dame Lori like this.
  9. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Thank you for posting about this and giving us some samples, Lord British! Listening to it gives me a great feeling for what is to come. :)

derek6665 (Baldrith) likes this.
  10. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Very, very Awesome. Loved it, and purchased the song. Keep up the High Quality design work and Atmosphere setting!
    All I can say is, MORE Please! :)

11. Kuno Brauer

Kuno Brauer Avatar

Yes, I like this thinking. People were talking about the piano working that way in this thread:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/music-in-our-houses.4085/

I think it would be amazing to have a pre-industrial "jukebox" like this at a small (or large tavern). "Live" musicians would be even better, of course, but a player piano/grammophone/etc. for those times when no bards were available.

If mechanics could be built to support it, the "piano rolls" to play songs on these devices could both be sold in the add-on store/in-game (official soundtrack) AND could also be notated/created by players for P2P trade (that would allow musically gifted players to create rolls that had songs on them, and since those rolls weren't created by SotA staff, players might have more leeway in the type of music they notated -- e.g., player-created "Ultima Music" piano rolls).

Things like this, along with custom house decoration packages/etc. could be sold P2p, but possibly distributed through the SotA store (with SotA taking a small cut of the transaction, like 5-10%)...

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  12. coder1024

coder1024 Avatar

13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

UO has music boxes with music gears and harpsichords with music rolls. The gears and rolls can be gotten from monsters loot. This allows for a wide variety of UO music to be played anytime a player wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. GimmeUOPlz

GimmeUOPlz Avatar

Excellent stuff really like the song.

Stones is still by far the best, but I know it is probably off limits as it is probably EA property :/. Hard to compare to the great sense of wonder and adventure that Stones inspired in me as a child, but this is still a very good song and I'm glad its in the game :).

15. Doppelganger [MGT]

Doppelganger [MGT] Avatar

This is a fantastic piece that sounds very "Ultima like" to me. I can't wait to hear it in game!

16. Ome

Ome Avatar

Here's hoping the version with David singing gets in the game too.
    Maybe even David singing it on a river or something.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  17. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

It seems some aren't enjoying the instrumental version, but to these old ears it sounds like it's been sampled to deliberately sound like the old .midi files as used in the early Ultimas... and I immediately went wobbly at the knees upon hearing it. I've not got around to reading the first part of the novella yet, but this is the kind of thing that makes me want to increase my pledge level, because it immediately takes me back to all of those cherish moments to which Iolo, both in game and out, set the mood for so perfectly.

18. smack

smack Avatar

8-bit version in 3...2.....please?

19. Asgrim Snorrison

Asgrim Snorrison Avatar

I had the pleasure of hearing Iolo perform this at an SCA event long ago when I lived in Ansteorra (I think it was one of the Bjornsborg Tournament of the Lions, not 100% certain, circa 1988 or 89). I was mesmerised with it, and wanted to get the lyrics (which I finally got off of someone else who performed it).

There is also an iolo "tribute" version of the song which is the same tune but lyrics praising his skills...

Anwyay, this is my first post here (I can't believe I only just now found out about this project), wonderful to discover such an awesome tune being made part of the game.

20. Reiatsul

Reiatsul Avatar

For those that remember that i have sung stone in the Heath of Britannia Dragon's meets run by Rustic Dragon, Please note that I would like to Learn and Sing this "Karelia’s Song" in one of the Future Heaths :p

smack and rild like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.