A noob asking a noob question...(Taming)

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Baelzebub, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Avatar

I am very noob ATM, allow me to put that out there. So at the moment, I've been trying to find a game with taming like this.

What I would like to know is how does someone with little exp in skills actually start leveling taming? Or thats just not available right now?

For instance, What level of skills would I need in order to start making the collars/whistles effectively?

Most of my main combat skills are high 20's low 30's but I have really no idea what that means in terms of progression. I have just been running around in circles at solace bridge doing the occasional sell run rinse repeat because I'm at a loss of what I need to do/go for higher rewards. And I have read previous posts about "I'm level 50+, etc." but since they took out that calculator on one of the updates I don't really know how to gauge my ability.

FYI, I went to that mine i saw in a previous post for Silver ore and got my keester handed to me.

Thanks in advance.

2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

3. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

We have so far only 2 silver sources ingame, that is graff gem mines and hilt. If you can gather silver you are strong enough for taming. You can contact me ingame Sindariya Tyelma for me informations about taming.

4. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Might wanna make sure you go to Game options in the ESC menu. Scroll all the way down and tick 'show health and focus stats' that will help you gauge how tough an area is. To see all your persanal stats like ADV level hit V.

Ice Queen and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  5. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Avatar

Thanks for the info so now I know I am adventurer level 15.

6. Selene

Selene Avatar

Another option, if you cannot fight in the places to get silver yourself is to purchase the silver you need from other players (directly or through the public vendor). It is a little pricey because silver is rather rare at the moment, but a few collars and whistles might let you know if you are even interested in taming. Taming whistles and collars are crafted and recipes can be purchased in owlshead (or you can search the internet for the recipes, if you do such things). You do not need to tame to have a pet however, they can be bought from other players, many at reasonable prices. A good way to get up the innates for taming is to acquire a pet and work on your healing skill. The innates will help you tame more efficiently at any level, and conserve collars. Just remember a pet must be resurrected if it dies or you will lose it forever. Good luck on your taming journey and stick close to Sindariya! She is an excellent tamer.

7. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Avatar

Noted, and many thanks! I bought the recipes but in hindsight I should have just bought the spider whistle on the market for 1500 instead of spending 1000 on the recipes but oh well. Pre-alpha is all about learning, unless they change something.

At this point my healing spells and various others are low to mid 30's but still adventurer level the same. I guess my innate aren't high enough.

I know that I would like an animal as opposed to the various elementals/phoenix/willowisp. Having a more permanent companion is more appealing to me.

Thanks again.

8. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Depending on the time you are on, some people can probably help you run through Hilt or clear graff gem mine with you so you can farm to your hearts content. Check out the IRC chat from the main page and see if people are free when you want to mine. I'm typically available after 6 pm pacific time.

Ice Queen likes this.
  9. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome Baelzebub!

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.