Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A R28 bug just became 10x as annoying

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Katrina Bekers, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Remember this bug: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/hey-options-window-mind-your-own-business.48689/ ?

Every time I open the option window - either intentionally or accidentally - the fullscreen game reverts back to a resolution I just cannot play at.

Well, now it just became a lot worse: the viewport is resetting itself on its own to desktop resolution...

AT

EVERY

SCENE

CHANGE

I could kill a t-rex bare-handed right now from the raw, unadulterated anger. :mad:

I'm this >< close to stopping playing and give up till it's resolved. Not that you need any puny threat or something, but, seriously, playing like this is just unbearable.

2. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

I'm sorry to hear that Kat; I DO have several outlets for anger; I'd be happy to share if you need to unleash

Time Lord and Katrina Bekers like this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Thanks my friend.

I sort of worked around by playing in window. But the window uses only 1/4 of the screen real estate. I'm a sad panda! :(

Time Lord and Solazur like this.
  4. helm

helm Avatar

Curious - how does your mouse cursor behave in your "sad panda" (my sympathy is with you) windowed configuration, if you enter reticule mode and then Alt-Tab to some other program? Does the cursor behave normally? Or does it get stuck in the middle of where the SotA window was? Or something else?

I'm just wondering if this, which I still experience (I play in fullscreen windowed mode btw), would have something to do with the "t-rex mode" as well.

I mean, there seems to be something whacked up in the way SotA handles the Linux desktop (not releasing the cursor when the focus switches to another program is a major no-no), especially in the latest release (see also this one).

Time Lord and Katrina Bekers like this.
  5. Katrina Bekers

Alt-tab is managed by KDE here (Kubuntu 14.04.03 LTS), so the mouse is instantly "freed" even in reticule mode, and appears where it would have been inside the window if it wasn't in reticule mode. Both in fullscreen and windowed.

Clearly, as soon as the mouse leaves the window (either by alt-tabbing or moving it beyond the borders in non-reticule), the game stops receiving input, as I use the sticky focus setup, reminiscent of OSF/1 and Motif days.

So, if I'm not in reticule and I move my cursor outside of the window, my char sort of freezes - and you can imagine how pleasant it is in tight combat brawls.

I don't experience your issue regarding the alt-tab (just checked your first report), but the chat text "stealing" the input (your second report) happens to me too. I just re-hit enter to leave chat. But again, in close quarter, mob of mobs situations can be extremely annoying - especially since dying in Linux means client crashing.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Issue submitted for review and resolution. Thank you for your patience in the matter as we investigate the cause and potential solution.

Time Lord, Solazur and Katrina Bekers like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.