Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

A request for those with crashing issues, try latest patch #387

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by BurningToad, Mar 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I just started play in windows mode to test if the crashes still occur. Yes they do. Crashing when in the middle of combat. Client disappears to desktop with no notification gumps. I have not been able to draw any opinions as to what causes it, because it happens regardless of what I am doing or how intense the action is. If you need any additional info let us know. My download is 391. @BurningToad

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Fister Magee likes this.
  2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Just tried the game in windowed mode and full screen. Crashed two more times. See above post for update number. Both crashes during combat in spectral foothills.

cjrichardsnyc likes this.
  3. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I entered windowed mode and spent 2.5 hours in the Owl's Nest Mine. As I posted previously, extended periods of time spent in the mines, mining, will cause crashes for me when I try to exit the mines. It happened again in this instance. Memory usage for SotA at the beginning of the session was ~1.4GB. Memory usage at the end of the session was ~2.6GB. Memory usage was increasing at ~100KB per "tick" of increase. Each "tick" occurred approximately every one or two seconds. Here is a link to a ZIP of the output log.

System specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 32720
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6047
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.391.Date.03.03.16

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Still crash for me while trying to teleport to friend.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

UsedSkill=TeleportToFriend

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Used 1/1 reagents for rune (RuneConsume_TeleportToFriend)

PushLevel: Added level POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Lockbrier, spawnPoint="PlayerSpawnLocation", hex="5098,5077"

PhotonNetwork: StatusChange Disconnect, State=DisconnectingFromGameserver

Network storage reset

NetworkingPeer: Connecting to "64.150.184.223:5055"

SceneServer: OnStatusChanged:Disconnect

Network storage reset

local player destroyed.

PhotonNetwork: StatusChange Connect, State=ConnectingToMasterserver

PhotonNetwork: StatusChange EncryptionEstablished, State=ConnectedComingFromGameserver

AuthenticateResponse: Ok, Position=0

OnAuthenticateComplete: Ok

AsyncLoadSequence begin. SceneToLoad: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Lockbrier:playerSpawnLocation

10:54:22 PM: Loading Scene...

Pathfinding: Load UnLoaded

Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 7)

Solazur likes this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Crashing here too.. I used to have a pretty solid experience.. now every 20 minutes I crash to desktop. @BurningToad

Solazur likes this.
  8. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

@BurningToad

I have crashed so many times today (Saturday) that I have lost count and gave up playing. I crash when trying to Teleport home (scroll is used) but when I log back in I am still in my original location. Crashing again when just hunting with friends, game just crashes to desktop. Later in the evening when trying to hunt with friends the mobs in Crag Foothills would just stand there taking no damage and then I would crash, this happened to everyone in my group of 4.

9. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Crashing about every 20 minutes today. No error logs, no consistancy to crashes.

One of the crashes was to desktop without even a windows error message, just an instantaneous back to desktop with no shroud running, no error message, which was unusual (normally there is a shroud not responding type error message)

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Sindariya

Sindariya Avatar

crashed again on 392, this release is the horror, because there is no info at all

Solazur and Fister Magee like this.
  11. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Any progress on locating the issue? I have been crashing almost every 20 minutes.. sometimes I can play for about an hour, then crash.. no rhyme or reason. Sometimes when I'm loading a scene, sometimes when I'm just playing normally inside a scene. Sometimes the game has an error message (of no help) and sometimes it just disappears as though I wasn't just playing the game. This is very frustrating. Please help us!

12. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Last night, there was a patch, last night , I did not crash once.... :) my experience so far, seems stable.

Aldo likes this.
  13. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@BurningToad
    In about 3 hrs play after the patch last night (393, I think)

At least 6 CTD, no error msgs on half of them. Way more than I was getting pre-patch. Win 10, cant do sys specs right now, not home.

14. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I was playing another game last night, and a conversation was held over Teamspeak concerning recent NVidia drivers crashing. Is there anyone getting these crashes that is not running NVidia? Just a thought.

Andel Rho likes this.
  15. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I'm not running NVidia, I am running an Intel onboard laptop videocard.. I only experienced constant crashing last weekend, ALL weekend.. but since patch 393, I have personally been a lot more stable.. I think I had one crash since... so far so good... for myself anyway...

16. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

Still seeing crashes, not very often but a couple a day, when leaving scenes - this one a crash leaving Holtrot after a short spell crafting, apparently a memory access violation!

Unity Player [version: Unity 5.3.3p1_828971bd30e1]

Shroud of the Avatar.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
    in module Shroud of the Avatar.exe at 0033:de7216e0.

Error occurred at 2016-03-10_121446.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe, run by (my name - account has full admin rights).
    19% memory in use.
    32718 MB physical memory [26267 MB free].
    37582 MB paging file [30196 MB free].
    134217728 MB user address space [134211867 MB free].
    Read from location 00019ffc caused an access violation.

3/10/2016 12:20 PM
    Title:Crash leaving scene
    Reproduction Rate:Variable
    Blocker?Restart of SotA required
    Details:As above
    Steps to Reproduce: Not applicable, it happens randomly leaving scenes
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32718
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4008
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.393.Date.03.07.16
    Area: OverworldIsland
    Loc: (225.2, -5.7, 295.0)

Aldo likes this.
  17. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

@Attenwood @BurningToad

What, if anything can we do in the way of reporting to help y'all resolve this?
    I mean.. it IS still happening.. like a LOT
    iirc there was some command we could type i to get crash info (ok I may NOT recall correctly lol) or a crash log or???

keep smiling :)

Fister Magee and Aldo like this.
  18. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Yes, I would like to change my previous statement, I am still crashing, and this was not normal behavior a few weeks ago.. things have been a little better lately, but I am definitely getting a minimum of 3 crashes a day.

Solazur likes this.
  19. Mandalar

Mandalar Avatar

I continue to crash... a lot! crashes seem to happen most in Crag Foothills for me. Very frustrating, by the way.

20. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

This is going to be a big issue when people start playing. Right now there are not a lot of people in game, and those who are like myself have quit posting about the crashes since you have to believe they are working on it. I have a feeling that if you are security conscious and have your computer protected from "sharing" threats like messaging that could be the problem. If it turns out to be a cloud sharing computer permission problem which is unavoidable due to design, then I will have a pretty good pledge for sale before launch. Hopefully I am wrong about the reason for the crashing issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.