A Role Player Title

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Nick, Dec 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

I wish we can have a Role-Player title which we can display when we are role playing. At least, if I want to role play an evil guy, folks will know I am role playing an evil guy and not just an ass hat. Players can then better react to role players.

It could be just a generic Role Playing (or Role Player)
    Or it can be more detailed: RP: Damsel in distress. RP: Evil Boss A

Any RP players want to give their comments?

2. Montaigne

Montaigne Avatar

Good suggestion. They do something similar in Everquest 2 and it works really well.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

OMG of course!

Imagine being PvP with no designation? You just run up to everyone and flail around trying to hit them before moving onto the next person.

Great idea!

4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

As one of the hardcore full-time RPers in SotA I must say I don't like the idea. I think your words and emotes and general actions should make clear that you're roleplaying.

Also I would never force roleplay, especially conflict or otherwise "negative" RP, on others, especially not on people that do not usually roleplay. If I have a doubt that my actions could be misunderstood, I message people OOC to make sure all is ok.

My very harsh opinion on this: If people get the idea that you're an asshat, you probably are one (with or without roleplayer tag). :cool:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  5. Nick

Nick Avatar

My initial idea was to create a char who walks around preying on new players. Using various emotes, taunting them and dueling with them. Obviously i will be on the losing end and begging for mercy and offering a mid tier weapon or Armour piece.

I experimented this with someone I knew. Darn, doing a string of emotes and typing a conversation sure is tough. I gave up doing the emotes and just had a good conversation with him. He thought I was just being an asshat. Always thought I am a nice guy. :(

Anyways, I was looking back and thought having a role play title might make things easier for new players to accept. :p If a hardcore RPer says otherwise, I will respect that. :D

Jaesun and Olthadir like this.
  6. Fiero Nord

Fiero Nord Archived Account

I would very much like to have an RP toggle like LotRO has. In LotRO, you can /rp on or /rp off which toggles [RP] after your character name. It's off by default, so if you're open to RP with other players, you toggle it on, and those who do not RP simply do nothing. Or if you normally RP, but aren't open to engaging in it just now, you can toggle it off. It's a persistent flag so if you want it on all the time, it's on every time you log in. It's a really nice way to be able to tell if someone is ready and willing to engage in RP.

Nick, Black Tortoise and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.