1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

A Royal Impression on R2

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord British, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord British

Lord British Lord British SOTA Developer

Greetings Citizens,

We continue to be amazed by the outstanding community we have participating in Shroud of the Avatar! Many thousands of you joined us in the Release 2 test phase and the data we got back was invaluable. More importantly, we are learning each cycle how better to provide you the game you want. The boards have been humming with GREAT suggestions as has my twitter feed. Which, if you don’t follow, is simply @RichardGarriott. Please join me there too!

I was particularly fond of people joining my party so that we could group chat which, while a temp hack, foreshadowed what is coming soon in Release 3! While we still have TONS of work to do, I think / hope now that people can easily tell where we are heading and that the clarity should grow with each release. If you are seeing the rich world interaction detail like Ultima VII, the start of a deep virtue based story ala Ultima IV, and the diverse interrelated professions such as combat, crafting, gathering, and player created content, then you see where we are going.

The team in Austin is exceptionally happy that you continue to play and offer feedback of such quality. Every day at the office is a day of joy. We are working hard in your service!

Thank you,
    Richard “Lord British” Garriott

2. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Our thanks, my Lord.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  3. RelExpo

RelExpo Avatar

I am very excited the direction SotA is going and thank you once again for leading the way.

Kuno Brauer, smack, Hazard and 3 others like this.
  4. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

The service is a pleasure, and the pleasure is a service. You and the stellar team you have assembled and the way you are going about this is so phenomenal there just aren't words. There are inevitable bumps along the way, but I steadfastly believe the end result will be as close to 'perfect' as a game is ever likely to get (short of full virtual reality, hah). The community, and your collective responsiveness to and interaction with said community leave me in delighted awe on a daily basis.

5. Sir Seir

Sir Seir Avatar

*makes note of how to properly spell "prosperity"*

Thanks @RichardGarriott, glad to hear that we didn't bug you too much randomly joining your party :)

Look forward to being part of R3.

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  6. monxter

monxter Avatar

Hear hear!
    Looking forward to R3 as well!

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  7. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Thank you! :D

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  8. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

Huzzah!

Kuno Brauer likes this.
  9. Jamist

Jamist Avatar

This ride is something I will always remember! Im busy chatting it up with family and friends, building and helping upgrade computers as well as thoroughly enjoying reading the forums. This Dev team and group of supporters are truly amazing:) My seat restraint is still in the locked position.

Kuno Brauer and smack like this.
  10. Akeashar

Akeashar Avatar

Thank you so much for bringing us into the world that you're developing and allowing us to be part of that process. I'm looking forward to each Pre-Alpha more and more to see what it brings us, and I've got faith that you'll not only capture but build upon and exceed what you accomplished in IV and VII.

smack, Iona, NirAntae and 1 other person like this.
  11. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Ultima IV.. Ultima VII.. Yessss.. Shroud of the Avatar is "Ultima XI" :p

Oh, R3, I need you!

Asclepius likes this.
  12. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Words cannot express how happy I am for Shroud of the Avatar and of course... Myself, because I get to look forward to this game! :)

NirAntae likes this.
  13. Dermott

Dermott Avatar

I was VERY excited leading the days leading up to R2 (including have a daily countdown sticker on my monitor at work to the next Release) and it hasn't let me down yet. I know R3 is going to be more of a technical back-end issue (multiplayer connectivity and etc), but I still very much look forward to being back running around the Vale.

Thanks again Lord British and crew for the project. It's been a long time since I've been this excited about a game... even in its limited states!

Akeashar and NirAntae like this.
  14. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

Watching the game unfold before us and turning from a concept into reality is a great experience, thank you for sharing this and allowing us to get our feet wet in the Pre Alpha's you have one hell of a good team at your side.

15. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Thank you, Lord British!

16. Ultima Aficionado

Ultima Aficionado Avatar

Thank you Lord British, I'm glad you have created masterpieces of fantasy that we can immerse ourselves in. The world of Britannia has always been a rich world with powerful forces at work for good and evil. I anticipate Shroud of the Avatar will provide us with a compelling story and continue in the spirit of old Britannia.

Thank you Lord British!

17. Wren Sharpbeak

Wren Sharpbeak Avatar

I have been very disappointed with online gaming for several years now. So I am thrilled to be a contributor (insignificant though the amount may be) and have great faith in this venture. Shroud of the Avatar is basically my last hope for an enjoyable MMORPG. But, I've always said that if ANYONE can make the game I so desperately want to play, it's Garriot. And if he can't, I am basically screwed.

Help me, Lord British; you're my only hope. :rolleyes:

18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

R2 was a blast. Cannot wait for R3!

19. Kraz123

Kraz123 Avatar

as many have said - well done team. This feels very much like the soul of Ultima an I cant wait to see R3!

20. Rufio

Rufio Avatar

ditto and if you look at the way mmo games are going now with elders scrolls online with their imperial adition that gives you experience and unlocks races over people buying the normal game-subscriptions and a cash shop the onley way to save gaming is crowd funding from developers that loves games and not suits just in it for the money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.