A short brain dump on possible additions / modifications

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Sarek, May 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

1. Notice boards or at least the ability to place paper vertically on a wall inside or outside.
    * Could be small and large size, maybe possibility for owner to charge a fee for placement
    * Part of PVP based bounty system? Players raised a bounty
    2. Beasts of burden - pack mule with extra capacity which would follow as a pet in scenes (would restrict summon ability as mule would effectively take that slot)
    * If mule dies contents of saddle bags can be taken by anyone (including mob?) without penalty
    * Mules need care and feeding (like agriculture system - food / water) - time before it drops basically unless you stable it and pay a fee associated with that.
    3. Travelling merchant wagons - NPC travelling merchant which would slowly travel through towns and PoT's allowing players to buy exotic wears. (All Crown items in a single place?).
    * Merchant could give dynamic quests, news from afar etc.
    * Could tell you the average price of an item vendor listed in the last town visited etc.
    * Detail top ten buy orders and average price, complete a quest or service for him to get more detailed information.​

4. A balanced diet - spamming the same food over and over reduces the benefit over time, players need to eat different types of food to maintain full effectiveness of a food type.

5. Weather has an impact - If it's raining you are slower due to the wet ground, chance to slip and fall? Increases with weight. Not much rain and hot? Water your plants more etc.

6. Servants - These guys need to earn their keep, maybe they could report to their masters interesting news whilst they were out adventuring like - how many people passed the lot, how many looked at a vendor, who entered a property.

7. Day night cycle and mobs, Have some nocturnal mobs only and change out the mob on a scene based on time of day. Like bandits go to bed effectively and other dark horrors fill the void. Make people fear the night a bit, should be more of a change in pace than casting light. Different scene sounds for night, crickets, owl hoot etc. Could help build immersion further.

8. Sun dials or clock or both - for in game event everything is NBT. Having to tab out and see what that is in a different time zone is immersion breaking and a bit of a pain in the bum. A sundial which shows current NBT would be lovely.

9. Guild Registrar - This guy has it too easy, should be able to display guilds based on a number of filters, request signup with a guild leader via mail through him. Used to promote and advertise guilds and aid recruitment.

10. Feeding time at the zoo - Maybe have a zoo as a feature where players can view and visit to see all the different mobs. Scheduled feeding times etc. Could be used as an introduction for new creatures in the future with an unveiling an month before deployment.

Here are my top ten for Saturday morning, will try and do this weekly and maybe some of it is of value to the devs.

Safe travels and exciting adventures to all.

Therdan Redwauld
    Resident and Merchant of Fons Vita - Isle of Elysium

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Love it Sarek. I've been asking for Bulletin Boards forever and I love your other ideas as well :)

I really just love all your ideas. Also I am wishing for many things as well. I hope you don't mind my jumping in with you. I am impatiently waiting on many things as well. :) Thanks for your wonderful creative thread. :)

Waiting impatiently for Fishing to implement many types of fish, bait, and different fish found in many regions. Also fishing quests and challenges and a more interactive fishing UI is my hope as well. Wishing for fish to have different spawn areas, and better fish recipes for rare fish. When boating comes online in Episode 2 my hope is for fishing trips and exploration around the world docking our boats in different ports. Fish should have lore, weight, and more attached to them for interest. Also Can you say deep sea diving trips and challenges and epic sea monsters? Yes I can ;)

Truly wishing for a fun and challenging treasure hunting system in this game. Not like control points please. I don't want to copy the over-used similar features of this game. X marks the spot and different challenges of maps which some could be fished up, found on bodies and throughout the world. Someone you spoke to might hint about a treasure map.

I'm also wishing for daily tasks we can do perhaps to find something for NPCs or acquire for them. Some don't want dailies but we need things to do, reasons, to explore, reasons to play. So I am a big advocate for many, many reasons to play this game. If you don't like dailies do not do them. Hopefully there will be many other reasons to play.

Also we badly need an in game achievement system. I don't play on steam, I am talking about our very own in game system that gives rewards and tasks to explore the world. It could be to catch one of every type of fish, visit every dungeon, climb every mountain, cook every food, taste every food, talk to every NPC in the game, and a zillion other things. If the Devs need help in listing these, I'm sure we will be more than happy to help ;)

Also our frozen waters such as the lake in Wizards Rest badly need Ice Fishing. It was mentioned months ago that yes we could have ice fishing but so far the lake cannot be ice fished on. We need a tool even to use our pick on the water so we can cast our lines in or make some of the water unfrozen or both available, please, please, please. Give us some of the fun stuff.

We also need more creatures. Our world is same old same old. We need farm animals, water creatures like sharks piranhas, jelly fish, turtles, star fish and tons of types of fish, bats, rats, we need more dragons of different types sizes flying around our world surprising us with their majestic forms. They would be adult and smaller types, wyverns as well, some ice, fire and more types.

As mentioned above but won't happen until episode 2 we hear will be our pack animals and mounts even tho we don't have an open world and we have load scenes, I'm still hoping for some bigger scenes to travel and explore in and to use our mounts and pack animals to advantage with on the over-world map and to help carry our ore.

Agriculture also has so much more that can be done to it to make it more fun and part of this could be weather related and pest related to keep our plants healthier, types of fertilizers and worms that come out when it rains and plant rot if we don't take care of those plants. Also growing contests would be fun along with quests and achievements for growing largest tomato or planting one of every type of plant etc.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Roycestein Kaelstrom and Sarek like this.
  3. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Excellent, I agree on everything. I think from a community driven event aspect the production of a trophy or cup which can be inscribed with text to mark an event and winner would be excellent. It could be used as a template for achievements as you suggested as well, complete X in game and get a cup, people could then build out a trophy room to display their accomplishments. You could have lots of fancy and varied designs and screams for addon store specials (Large Obsidian Cup etc) and these could take the form of other display objects as well such as a crystal sword (damn chicken took mine) as an example.

On the bigger zones, agree it would be nice. I would not care about loading screens so multiple consecutive scenes linked together with a single in & out from just one of them could make some big as in effectively limitless areas. You just load between parts of a much larger overall zone. Would be great to have to fight your way five scenes deep, I could cook up some real nightmares to make it a challenge :) Would stop all this sprint to the bottom room and farm all day if you had a bigger and more varied area to hunt in. (Migrating mobs based on time / schedule?) Kobold raiding party strolling through a normally quiet farming spot at random intervals would be sweet.

There weaved another out of your reply, excellent feedback :) I have an endless pit of ideas, will try and drop ten weekly if I can but need to build out my guild and the mechanics and structure around that as priority.

Therdan Redwauld
    Obsidian Legion

Last edited: May 27, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.