A Simple Guide to Lot Selection

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rufus D`Asperdi, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dballing

dballing Avatar

So I've got two questions, since I've not been playing prior to now:

1.) What's this about having to go "fetch" my deed from a bank? Is it in the bank now, or will it only appear there when my start time arrives?
    2.) Will I need to log out / back in at my start time in order to refresh my ability to use my deed, or will it just happen automatically in-game at my start time?

Thanks!

RancidRat likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Pledge rewards can be retrieved from a bank as they are not on your person when you first enter the world. Speak to a bank teller to access the bank user interface, at the top right of which you'll find the claim rewards button, press it to populate the bank with your rewards (you only need to do this the once or if/when you buy items from the add-on store. You can do all this prior to your lot selection start time and you won't need to restart the game in order to use the deed once the lot selection begins.

3. dballing

dballing Avatar

OK, last question. Looking at the "Village Water Lots" there doesn't seem to be a lot of land. But it looks like, from online maps, if I build say my house, whatever, it'll be constructed on like a miniature island that will be created as part of the build, is that right?

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The Village structures, other than the Knight's Light House are mostly buildings on stilts... The Lighthouse does appear on a small rocky island, but there isn't really any usable land around the base of the lighthouse. The usable land on a Village water lot will be limited to the strip of land on the shore.

5. dballing

dballing Avatar

OK, that makes sense. Basically the "house construction" creates the usable "land" (where land might be a stilted platform) that it needs to plop the house down and no more (which in the case of something like a lighthouse is zero).

Do I have it right? :)

Lained likes this.
  6. dballing

dballing Avatar

And, ok SERIOUSLY my last question (probably since my lot selection starts soon)... if I claim a water lot as a Founder Knight, can I only put a lighthouse on it, or can I put the Knight Founder Village Home on it as well, on stilts?

I can't decide if I'll like having a lighthouse, but I would really like the "view" of waterfront. :)

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Correct, sort of... See below.

8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No, the Knight's Lighthouse is a Water Structure, it requires a Water Lot. Water Structures like the Lighthouse and the Cabana can only be placed on Water Lots. Likewise Land Structures, such as the Knight's Keep, cannot be placed on Water Lots.

9. dballing

dballing Avatar

Hm, bummer. I like the "status" of the lighthouse, but not sure I like the layout of the lighthouse. Now I've got an hour or two to make some tough decisions. :)

Thanks for all the help!

Jatvardur likes this.
  10. Lained

Lained Avatar

Jatvardur likes this.
  11. dballing

dballing Avatar

Yeah, given that a lot of the Village Lots in the town I want to be in seem to have already been claimed by folks who could've grabbed larger plots, I guess I'm "settling" for a water lot, as weird as that sounds. :)

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

If you're planning to upgrade to knight now, you won't get the lighthouse as water homes were retired some time back. If you're already at Knight and have the founder deed and lighthouse then you're good to go.

Jatvardur likes this.
  13. dballing

dballing Avatar

Oh, no, I'm good on that front. I'm just in that category of people who "weren't paying much attention to the game until final Land Rush came up", and now it's got my attention.

Yeah, I've got Royal Founder status. Now just an hour to wait before I go grab me some oceanfront property. :)

14. Hakadek

Hakadek Avatar

Repeat that problem up the chain and you see why those with Town lots were taking Village lots, as there were relatively few Town lots in the first place and even fewer well placed ones and they were all gone before a lot of Town lot holders were able to make a choice...

This has not been well handled, but that horse is long dead now sadly.

15. Hakadek

Hakadek Avatar

You should still be able to find quite a few waterfront lots though.

The lack of land and lack of choice of houses together with the overly simplistic layout of the water homes is having an effect I'm sure.

Good for you though :)

Mykll likes this.
  16. dballing

dballing Avatar

Yeah, saw that in other threads, and didn't feel the need to pile on.

And, yes, I found a nice quiet waterfront spot in Aerie. Now to just find time to actually spend some time in-world and make it "home" :)

Duke Gréagóir and Mykll like this.
  17. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Yeah that is the main thing that has me iffy on getting my water spot. "Congrats, you get water. Now suffer with less house and no land space." What kind of items can be placed in basements? Is it pure Home Decorations? No Outdoor, even if there was plenty of room for some of the smaller Outdoor stuff?

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's one exception and that's the Duke Founder Keep.

19. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Mykll, awhile back I experimented with growing an orchard in a basement. It worked (slowly). Also had crafting stations in there.

Mykll likes this.
  20. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Thanks Ronan. If I really want that water spot I of course will have to have the majority of my stuff in the basement. Guess I will see what happens when the time comes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.