A suggestion for a camera angle in homes

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Julz, Jun 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julz

Julz Avatar

Hi all,

I'm finding 3rd person camera angles in homes quite clostraphobic and difficult to get a decent perspective of the room your in. If you zoom out as you would outside you quickly get some crazy camera angles as you move around where you're suddenly looking at a close up of your avatars head.

What I miss is the looking down from above camera angle we enjoyed in UO. The mechanics could be the same as they currently are it would just requires the devs to build a feature that made the ceiling and upper floors disappear if you scrolled the camera out and down.

Anyone know how complex this would be to develop?

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not sure about camera angles and cost to implement to scroll so the upper floors will disappear. I do think it would be great to have a decorating mode that gives us all kinds of features. You have a great suggestion here which could perhaps be included in a decorating mode. I know there are more advanced decorations stuff coming that has been pushed out a few times, just not sure what they are exactly. I know one would be the ability to add decorations to the ceiling, not sure what you'd add besides lights, but who knows. I haven't noticed claustrophobia, are you in 3rd person for a reason since you can scroll in or out? Also the F9 key is toggle and allows for great picture taking without showing hotbar etc, but you probably know this also. Well Im no help probably, but good luck on getting your answers.:)

Julz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.