About Emotes

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Greyhaven, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

Emotes on the Hotbar
    With the Emote window/list open and you drag an emote it changes into an Entertainers icon that looks as though it ought to be placeable on the Utility hotbar (but isn't). Is there any way of triggering emotes by keypress instead of having to select them from the emotes Window? With the interface off and screen-capture recording video footage we need to be able to trigger emotes.

Dancing Emotes
    Does the game have synchronisable dancing yet?
    Does anyone have the full list of dancing emotes and where (and if) they are available?? (And if you point me towards the Sota Wiki I will ask you whether that list is comprehensive and up-to-date or not).

Brewton likes this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

They currently can not be placed as a hot key. They can be triggered from the list, or by using the slash command (/dance).

The list on SotAwiki is up to date, as far as I know. There is also this thread, but it doesn't have the last few releases listed.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Shift

Shift Avatar

If you have a programmable keyboard or mouse Like A Razer or Logitech you can make a macro that does the /emote you want. Thats what I do.

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

OK. Disappointing.

And... Does the game have synchronisable dancing yet?

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Not synchronized yet, no. There are the Waltz emotes (/waltzlead and /waltzfollow), but you have to align yourself for it to work correctly. The last time I saw it asked in a telethon, they said it was still planned to work eventually; the answer was worded that it would require some in-game command (similar to playing instruments together) to get it to function.

6. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Its a shame because the music has a sync up facility so a band play together

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.