About Tharsis Vrul

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Nick, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick

Nick Avatar

Anyone knows the lore of Tharsis Vrul? Why is he in the catacombs.

Also, how do you solo him or fight him in a group? His strengths and weakness.

Yep, gotta write a guide about him. Any info would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Nick Cold.

Dirk Hammerstrike and Jaesun like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, I can say going at him with a light armor ranged build is a bad idea.

And I wish they would fix it so every daemon in the game wasn't Vrul. Especially when two of him appear at the same time.

Net and Nick like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

Water spells: Ice Shield, Ice Field, Douse, ...
    Using blind and similar spells.

Jumping away when he jumps. Try to keep BEHIND him to get less harmed ...

FrostII, Jaesun, Lynx Fain and 2 others like this.
  4. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Speculation here.

Perhaps the cult that summoned him didn't have the gold to build a temple so..... the sewers had to do? That says love right there.

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Oh, and is it true that he doesn't drop the "Heart of Vrul" ??

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

All daemons are called Vrul by the way. There's also a Dolorast Vrul, for example.

7. Morhir (IronFist Warhamm

Morhir (IronFist Warhamm Avatar

I solo him using bludgeon (modified Torc Dawl axe) and heavy plate armor. Beef up your defenses.... use ice shield, glancing blow, defensive stance, absorb impacts; cast a water elemental and set to follow far, have a few heal pots on the non combat bar and go to work on him. Learn his moves and how to dodge most his attacks and have at em. It can take several minutes to say the least. ....and toot that fleet flute every 30 sec.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

he does drop it

FrostII likes this.
  9. Nick

Nick Avatar

Thanks again all.

Tharsis Vrul
    ---------------
    Where to next? I asked myself after arriving from Kingsport. Cora Cuz'avich has suggested that I head to Solania Catacombs. Within the catacombs, there is a daemon called Tharsis Vrul. He added, "Well, I can say going at him with light armour ranged build is a bad idea"

From Central Brittany, I bade goodbye to my friends from Wynton Folly. Before we parted, Paladin Michael advised me use water spells, like Ice Shield, Ice Fields, Douse and others. If possible, Using Blind and similar spells. Jump! He exclaimed with a smile. Always jump when he jumps. Try to keep BEHIND him to get less harmed.

I was fortunate that the moons were in place, I jumped through the rift into Solace Bridge. From there, I turned south, and then west into the wetlands.

Entering Solania, I headed to the nearest tavern, hoping to get more information on this daemon. An outlander, Proteus Tempest was having a conversation with someone by the name Redfish. They were obviously drunk, I had to keep a distance away lest I start another bar fight. Straining my ear, I caught a bits of their conversation.

" Speculation here. Perhaps the cult that summoned him didn't have the gold to build a temple so..... the sewers had to do? That says love right there." Proteus laughed.

"All daemons are called Vrul by the way. There's also a Dolorast Vrul, for example."

Two other outlander joined in. Frostll asked, "Oh, and is it true that he doesn't drop the 'Heart of Vrul' ??"
    Another outlander, Weins replied, "He does drop it"

Heart of Vrul. One of the rare artifact to make the legendary Warlock Chain. I heard enough and quickly headed for the catacombs.

After clearing the catacombs, I found naught. There must be a secret entrance somewhere. Retracing my steps, I searched for any clues of a secret pathway. It took a while, I eventually found it. Somewhere in the middle of a long corridor, there was a torch that was not lighted. Tugging it, it opened a secret door, and it led me to another.

Finally, in a distance, I saw Tharsis Vrul. I came, I fought. And I almost died. I am still too weak. Despite my best efforts, I barely scratched him. Cornered with my back to the wall. I stared at it in defiance, ready to embrace death herself.

Then from the corner of my eye, I saw someone charged into Tharsis side. The fight was long. They were evenly matched. I wanted to help, but I was bleeding bad and couldn't move. Slowly, my vision blurred.

When I awoke, the daemon was dead. The hero who fought it, Morhir. He preferred to call himself IronFist Warhammer. I asked him how he managed to kill Tharsis Vrul.

"I soloed him using bludgeon, using a modified Torc Dawl axe and heavy plate armor. You got to beef up your defenses.... use ice shield, glancing blow, defensive stance, absorb impacts; cast a water elemental and set to follow far, have a few heal pots on the non combat bar and go to work on him. Learn his moves and how to dodge most his attacks and have at em. It can take several minutes to say the least. ....and toot that fleet flute every 30 sec."

There's always something new to learn. And I, Steel Cold, learned another important lesson today.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.