Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

About unclaiming a lot

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

So it turns out that having the Zone to Lot button in the same proximity as the Unclaim Lot button is not a good idea.
    [​IMG]

During testing, this is not a big deal. And yes, I realize that I clicked on the "are you sure?" message before this happened.

My concern is that after launch this type of thing is going to happen just as much as it does now, only after launch people will be sending Portalarium angry support tickets that read:

"OMG I just lost my lot because I was tired and I clicked the wrong button! I meant to zone but I hit unclaim lot and *POOF* years of my life vanished and now some horrible gold farmer has my spot and I'll never get it back!"

Can we please work in some account level controls that prevent this kind of thing from happening? I'd really like the ability to LOCK DOWN items from being deleted, sold, traded, whatever. I'd also like the ability to LOCK DOWN housing so that I don't accidentally hit the wrong key and watch months of work decorating or whatever blow up in a single key press.

Stryker Sparhawk likes this.
  2. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

I have actually unclaimed by mistake. Fortunately it was only a row lot deed, but could have been rather disastrous. :)

The zone button will probably go away, but just the same, I agree with full-proofing this a bit more.

3. Drocis the Devious

I got lucky and unclaimed my OTHER home that I was trying to zone to. Now I'm doing a bit of a run.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes I always have cautioned new people to watch for this and I have trained myself to watch for this.

5. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I thought there was a pop-up confirmation? If there isn't, there should be and this would solve the problem.

6. Drocis the Devious

There is, but I was distracted. That happens from time to time when you have a life outside of this game. :)

Soulicide likes this.
  7. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

I guess thinking back, I have nearly done it myself. Maybe if they put the Unclaim Lot button text in red?

8. Taze

Taze Avatar

You know we have customers at my job, they click the red confirmation button on the internet seven times, we use 4 different font sizes and colors, and move the yes and no to different areas, then later call and tell me they didn't agree to that.

Perhaps put it on a seperate tab,
    Or move it to a small X with confirmation pop up thats to the right of the deeds listed, and not have it be the same style as a button.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.