Above Ground Arena type lot for POTs

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Weins201, Jan 19, 2015.

?

Arena type lot available for purchase (above ground) for POTs (Keep sized 40 x 60)

1. Yes a Arena type Lot lt would be nice to have for events, or somthing similar

41.2%
  2. Nope a POT can work and place 4 lots together, in the middle and decorate as needed

58.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvjT6d9onAFRkE4YkQ5WUd5dFU&authuser=0

Ok I needed to redo this and explain it better. My simplistic idea above.

I think we could use an Arena Lot (about the size of a Keep) that can be purchased (either from the store or in game).

This LOT will be open and NO housing can be placed on it. It will have high walls with a gateway (ticket booth type)

This lot will be for Arena PvP, Markets, Stalls or any other open space that a guild want to use for events.

I understand that some open lots where used in a town to create a nice PvP complex, my idea would be a lot that comes with High walls, movable barriers already there (paint ball like field) ,Referee towers, bleachers and a press box already built in so easy to setup / modify for small or large skirmishes.

The bleachers and referee towers cannot be jumped off of onto the playing field and targeting from the field to the viewing areas doesn't work.

Why a Keep size - it would allow for areas for spectators and battle area within a confined space which can be controlled / monitored. City LOT is just too small (the OoV events are being help in a LoTM Castle lot and use up about 1/2 the space for battles = Keep lot :) )

Basically this moves the Basement arena above ground and give it its own dedicated lot. So yes this is a combined LOT and "house" if you want to call it that.

It can also be used to place vendor stalls (TEMPORARY) for Flea market type events, meet and greets, Parties etc....

Yes I know we can do this in a Keep lot already, but as a Duke I really do not want to have to take my house down and place bleechers and stuff all over and switch back again just to hold an event.

In a POT this would DEFFINATLY count against square meters used, and of course POTs are the only places these could actually be placed :-(

There are already PvP type areans in the game, this just give Guilds with POTs the ability to have an arena in their AO for special events, without having to go into a player house basement :)

I hope this is better explained, and it is simple vote for it, or the idea of it, or against it.

2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

There are probably a few ways to skin the idea, but it seems reasonable and most importantly fun.

Horton Irongate and Themo Lock like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This would require additional, unplanned development.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Actually Rufus this would require, a keep lot, lock the placement of a house, add a set of tall stone walls sections that cannot be removed from the property, (but movable inside or stored in a chest), and a row of benches alngg the side walls and 6 chairs over the entrance arch or on back stair platform, not all that hard to do. But yeah some work might need to be done.

5. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Rather than develop a new type of plot, it would be just as easy to have a NPC-type building with closed doors, and clicking on those doors takes you into one of the existing Arena basements. They could use the same building types they will be developing for guild houses, libraries, governmental buildings, theatres, etc.

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

hum a link to an accessible arena basement, like a ticket booth :) nice TY I could just put a stall on top of the hatch:p now that is thinking LOL

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

"I fear being pecked to death by ducks." -- Chris Spears, Portalarium, Technical Director for Shroud of the Avatar

Weins201 and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.