1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Add all POTS to Zone scroll

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Elrond, Oct 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Add an option for zone scroll to list all POTS ingame .

Wilfred and Time Lord like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Not a fan of this.
    All you have to do is enter a POT and you can then tele to it forever, which encourages at least some "exploration" .

3. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

How many pots do you think there are ingame ? 500 + ?.... 99 % of the players we have, will never visit 50% of them maybe even less.... with a list available though.... things could change ....adding them to zone scroll encourages exploration....of POTS ....

Wilfred and Time Lord like this.
  4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I am not a fan either. I think players should discover to add to their teleport to zone scrolls. Incentives to discover places and things should be added and rewarded in the form of our missing achievement system.

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  5. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    I am of the opinion that both ideas are good. Exploration is the only way to get people to discover the lands of New Britannia and on the walk there they would explore the surrounding area instead of just porting in but I feel that few people would walk there unless they were going that way anyway. Having POTs in Teleport scrolls would allow people to go to new places that they may not take the time to walk to so more POTs would be discovered but I fell few would leave that town and go to the overworld and would just use another scroll. No Exploration there.

There is a current incentive to discover a new town and that is most towns now give 200 coins for each new town discovered. We could increase the coins given for each new town discovered by walking there to 500 as a one time gift like the Oracle's daily gift but give no coins for POTs teleported to and these towns could not be discovered after that.

So a one time 500 coin bonus for each new town discovered by entering it from the overworld. But if you use any scroll, or other teleport option like boat, balloon, wagon, user placed teleports or other things you would never be able to get the 500 coins.

This gives us a reason to explore (500 coins) and a way for us lazy ones to get around quickly.

Elrond likes this.
  6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Pardon me, but I see this as just another way of enhancing our game.
    Just as such travel is to our hunters, enhancing their play time through eliminating time spent running around on the overland map...
    Then so should it be for our markets and trade shoppers, "enhancing their play time through eliminating time spent running around on the overland map"...

Everything in this game is aimed at making the "hunter's game" more travel easy.
    What's wrong with, or so different about making our "marketing game" more travel easy?

I'm, a role player, I walk everywhere and I may use a single recall scroll maybe every 3 month within my playtime.

We shouldn't force anyone to be a role player, once a place is "found", then it should be included within our fast travel system or strait out included in any complete box set...
    "if that's how any player wants to play".

We should begin to look at our game as more than only catering to the hunting play style, forsaking all others.

Shopping and playing our game as a shopper or traveling buyer to resell things on our own vendor should become greatly encouraged!

Without such ability to fast travel, we doom our marketing game to actual online shopping, which is a total role play fail.
    Make a discovery part of our game, but not at the expense of another, our marketers need fast travel :(~Time Lord~

~In good discovery game ideas, news travels fast~

~If you want to discover, get a space cannon~

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    Elrond likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Teleport to zone scrolls already do remember places we visit just like a mark scroll. For those who don't know pull them out onto your non combat bar to use. While not encumbered even if you don't plan to use you can click on them and while pressing the control key see descriptions of places we've visited. These can also be filtered to show for example mines we have visited well if we have. These scrolls were the closest thing to a mark system imo and a wonderful addition. Taking away their marking ability by automatically adding to them seems wrong. For those that do know of towns of what's available we could get 'rumors' given by npc's of settlements to the far east or wherever for example. I still think discovery incentives need to be more prevalent in the game but that's my opinion and always has been

Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  8. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

It did get buffed to 100 gold to 250 gold (noticed that today, no clue how long ago it has been), also, apart from the gold, finding a new town with possible vendors is one incentive, and having them fill up your Zone Scroll list is another IMO.

I dislike the Idea of having them already packed in, because 1. How can I teleport myself somewhere I've never been, there ought to be some balance here that could make me end up in front of a dragon, or in a shardfall from time to time if I am tring to use such a dangerous kind of magic, 2. Some of my guildmates enjoyed discovering the daily(?) 2 POTS that appear at the top of your scroll, it was his way to fill his list slowly, all while discovering those POTS by actually heading there, and 3. I hate searching through the list, and I hate typing in the search bar, I like my list short, it's actually already too long and I don't know how to remove some scenes from there...

If this is done through an NPC like the Oracle or something, sure, its enough out of my way that it shouldn't happen to me, and only ruins the fun of discovery for those want it to be ruined.

Ohh and ...
    Do you think that every POT is worth visiting? Some aren't being taken care of, some are just guild towns with nothing to do in them unless you are a guild member (Like Reeds Glen, I don't see anyone coming to Reeds Glen unless The Gardiens du Lys host an event there). Also, I don't think having them in the TP2Z list will help people discover those POTs, because why would I ever teleport to a place like (ex.) Arigatou, which I have no clue what, where or why it is in my list? For many, this would only generate useless clutter.

That's my opinion though, I'm not saying this idea should not happen, I just hope that if it is considered, at least the people who don't want this to happen to them (like me) can avoid it.

Time Lord, FrostII and Alley Oop like this.
  9. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this. i thought this was a genius way to encourage exploring new towns.

10. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

I thought those two places were some kind of fishing boost for the day? Are those the yellow ones?
    vj

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yes. those two towns are the only places you can catch pacu. ...but since they show on your zone scroll list whether or not you've previously visited, they're a way to give people an easy way to visit a new town, with the chance for a rare fish as a reward on top of the town crier money.

12. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

I like my list short too ....what i meant was another option that displays all pots ....i dont want to clog my main zone scroll with 500 pots..but secondary options would be usefull ..especially when you want to find a pot that its not diplayed on world map and theres none at that location to teleport to..... for example saw someone advertising some stuff in a pot few days ago.... problem is cant find the pot or the person who advertised it ...

What we have already can be preserved with addition of pots through discovery .... and we could add few other options like

List all ep 1 pots
    List all ep 2 pots
    List all nested pots

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There’s no fishing bonus for the 2 daily towns. Only that those 2 listed towns will have the Pacu fish. Nothing else.

14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

This makes me think that teleportation is a symptom, not the cure. Is the -real- issue that needs curing the fun factor of the overland map? Or is it that the overland map is fine and we are just too lazy to travel? I mean, come on. We waited with great anticipation to enter the world of Novia for how long, and now everyone wants to avoid traveling across its continents? Hmmm.....

Time Lord likes this.
  15. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Comments like these are hilarious, if you think about most games, be it MMO or Single Player RPG, basically the 2 crowds that should be somewhat attracted to this game, all these games include long and exhausting travel between locations.

Sure, a game like Skyrim includes fast travel, but that fast travel is only to an area you have already visited... wait a second... ohh yeah! Just like our teleport scrolls!

Either there is a very loud group of extremely lazy gamers that play this game (I mean some recommended that crafting be 1 second per craft or instant craft for everything and only then could we start working on getting crafting buffs, instead of adding tools and whatnot to solve the issues they have.

And let's be honest here, the overland walking isn't that bad either, its super fast and convenient, and our current teleportation methods resemble the games with the easiest transportation methods I ever played...

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Someone ask me a few weeks ago what The Time Tunnel was and where it was,
    [​IMG]
    then they came and looked around a moment, then abruptly left never to return.

It took no talent getting there and I'm still not sure why anyone would want to see a bunch of POTs, unless it was to add them to a list where faster travel could aid them finding and swiftly getting back to it sometime in the future for purely shopping reasons.

It does bother me whenever I hear greater players saying that lesser new players should have more difficulty traveling, so "they" can more enjoy discovering places. It just sounds very presumptuous.
    Maybe our game could get a stage coach service so we can use it as a guided sota tourist, tour buss o_O?
    Maybe then we could get lemonade vendor conversationalists to greet them on their quest :D~TL~

Elrond likes this.
  17. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

The issue with this is that the travelling was already made easy for new players. Teleport to Zone Scrolls were added, Pass gates were left permanently opened, Boats to important NPC towns now all connect, traveling is made so easy, and POTs are actually a slower way to travel if you want to get from Point A to point B unless point B is a POT, because teleporting to a POT to get somewhere means Loading the POT scene, then Loading the Overworld, then Loading the actual scene, and load times are usually much longer than travelling now.

I might seem like I am completely against Elrond's idea, and honestly I am not, and I don't want new players to have it harder, what I am saying in most of my replies, and especially this one, is that at some point, if we keep going in this direction, there will be no more journey, it will become : Think of a Goal, and it is now achieved. A new player comes to the game and wants to kill dragons, because they look fierce and strong, but hey, we are in 2023 now, so just use this little sword given to you by the guard you meet in Soltown at the start of the game which renders dragons incapable of moving while you wield it, do you really think the new player will want to play this game? No, he won't, because there is no challenge, there is no journey. Lets find solutions to make the journey more enjoyable, not eliminate it from the equation, having a registry of Player Owned Towns, an NPC that can give you directions to any town you ask for, something like this could actually solve the problem that lead to this thread in a creative and fun manner.

**EDIT**
    Btw @Time Lord , where is The Time Tunnel? Been a few times I've seen that name, guess I should go see what's there!

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all
    My personal opinion is that players are focused on what they want to do and anything else is an interruption in doing that. Be it travel, crafting, or leveling. I walk the overworld frequently. Using the overland encounters is one of the easiest ways to gather resources and get some skill training. And there are levels for these encounters based on the region the encounter is in. Making the game too easy or actions become inconsequential might help new players but easy game play is boring after a while and they wont stay. New stuff to do be it monsters, fighting style, areas to discover, or just spending time at events with friends is what will keep people playing.

Fast travel is great when you have a limited time in game or a certain task to do but the cost is you have to go there just once. and you even get coins to do it. When you get bored with fighting or crafting do you stay logged in or do you go exploring? I played U3 multiple time because I keep finding areas to explore or NPCs that say the strangest things.

As I said earlier

Violet Ronso, Time Lord and FrostII like this.
  19. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Shroud of the Avatar, Parental Guidance Required~
    [​IMG]
    ~We no longer seek out the journey as we did in UO~

The Guardian tries to hide his true goals by acting as a benevolent literal guardian wanting the best for the Avatar o_O...
    :eek: "You are not going to trust the Time Lord, are you? Careful, my friend! Do not believe him!" :confused: Quote, The Guardian...

You must do this, and you must do that, it's this we have become. We now live in the Guardian's world where controlling and guiding others has become our pass time, "through game mechanics". We still have human to human guidance and help when we seek it out, yet unlike it was in UO, SOTA welcomes it's new players with a "do this and that or you shall not pass to enter the gaming world until you do". We live in a police world where the Guardian is in charge, instructing our every move and restricting freedom of movement "for our own good". Little is left to the individual's own imagination because it's many times blocked through our game's quest illustrations. There is a way out, yet we must first exit the game and "start on the overland map" in order to escape that first brick wall of forced discovery.

We as the Guardian's minions may all agree that we must pay 500 (or whatever gold amount) in order for all the new dogs to obey our game's tricks. "All those (in this case) POTs are not enticing enough to cause free will's spontaneous wonder, "unless you're there for shopping"... shopping for goods and services or shopping for a place to lay your lot down, these are the only reasons, or a better word, "motives" for visiting any POT or NPC city... otherwise it's a paid job that is presented here as "for our own good" and therefore deemed as something we must first do "the hard way" because that's been deemed "the fun way". So, punch the clock and get to work on a job that's required and not wished for or wondered about...

You are a soldier of the Guardian and you must do what you are forced into because you are not allowed to follow your own self's imagination, self inspiration or self motivation.

Restrictive and instructed tormented control is the key to keeping new players?
    If walking into each POT is so much fun, then why do we have to pay them o_O?

Dog training has allot in common with this type of obedient toil...

~"Know what path you're on!"~
    :cool:~The Fellowship~
    [​IMG]
    ~Worthiness Precedes Reward~

That's what you're saying to our new players Avatar...
    Are The Fellowship now the good guys? ~Time Lord~;)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  20. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Time Lord
    A little over the top I think. There are many types of play styles and not all have Time or a Tunnel (btw one of my favorite TV shows back then) to take advantage of all that there is to do. The game needs to be what all players need as much as it can. Give the players the quick travel option when they need it but make it worthwhile to do it the slow way when there is time.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.