Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Add-On Store "inaccurate/vague" promotion and Information

Discussion in 'Release 15 Feedback' started by Edward Newgate, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Be for every one flipps out and... hey you back in the row ... yes you i see you put your torch and fork down!
    As i said, be for every flips out, read first what i have to say and maby you will agree with me.

The Information given for items or houses in the Addon Store are not allway informativ.

Some times it is not realy clear what an item is doing. But a bigger problem in this regarts are the houses you can buy.

You get the information about the size of the plot, and you get a overall look how the building looks like from the outside. But you have most of the time no clue what the building looks like from the inside.

You get the information that you can finde the building ingame, but some buildings look the same from the outside, so its hard to tell wich one you should search. My suggestion would be to post 1-2 screenshots from the interior of a building and show the key rooms.

My next point is that a virutel ojekt should be what it get advertist for.
    For my exampel i will use the village arena basment.

[​IMG]
    To get to the fighting ground in the arena basment, on the picture you use the ladder that brings you in a sepperate room that hase a doorway to the figting ground, left and right the waiting rooms.

Ingame this room doesnt exist. Instead you have a ladder strait down to the fighting ground. This should not happen if you sell a produkt and it doesnt looks like in the end as same as the produkt on the page. And if you make changes change it on the store page.

[​IMG]

Overall i hope in the future this will change.
    Give us more informations about the produkts you want sell to us to support you and your game.

ps i will make a sepperat post about some houses that missing fireplaces or some otherstuff or have windows from the outside but not reachabel fromthe inside.

2. Akrondar

Akrondar Avatar

Fair observation.

LordThomas likes this.
  3. Chaox

Chaox Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This specific ladder is a placeholder for R15 - the room you point out has a hole in the top for the ladder, so that you may enter the room and climb from there. That single room piece is not available to me yet as a single prefab to use, which was required as I rebuilt our original basements piece-by-piece to allow for the decoration system to be used. Once I get the piece I need (ostensibly this month) I will add it in and move the ladder into the room. (I added the external ladder so that the basement would be fully usable, the alternative was to not ship it this release and hold it until final).

Great call out here, please continue to do so on anything else you see. But also remember that it is the nature of iterative development that our assets will go in "not quite finished" and may remain so until the game is complete. It is not our intent or desire to publish inaccurate information about our add-ons (or anything else for that matter). If we do truly drop the ball along the way, we will work to rectify our errors.

Mishri, Gaelis, Arianna and 11 others like this.
  4. Edward Newgate

Edward Newgate Avatar

Thx for the Info.
    But such kinder information would be handy on the store page to :)

If i allowd to say so i think a door that leads with a stair case down would be way cooler than a ladder. ^^

Leos likes this.
  5. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Thank you for taking the time to explain the process, Chaox.

Every time I use a ladder I'm always thinking two things? Why did the ladder get placed here like this? And, when will we get a climbing animation? :)

I learn a lot from examples like this.

Chaox and Oba Evesor like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

I'd like to see it going beyond a climbing animation, to letting us climb ladders step-by-step. Then you could do things like climb a ladder half way, and then jump off to get onto a platform or into an enclosed area. :D Then we could also place ladders as decoration, and use it to say go up and look at a high book shelf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.