Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Add-on store items in game.

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Mal Hari, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mal Hari

Mal Hari Avatar

@Lord British

Now that all the items have moved to in-game purchase. I think your going to see a drop in sales.

1. What items are available to be bought in game?
    2. Where can i find these items?

As a option under "Store" should be something like "Other items in game" or "purchasable in game"
    This section would still show all the items but also list the town and Loc. of the vendor selling them. Maybe also the in-game COTO price too. (For reference)

If not I think sales, namely the income that runs things will drop due to not being able to find or even know these items exist. (It shouldn't be a hunting game for me to give you my money.)

2. Zosaria

Zosaria Avatar

I really do not like that they moved it in game, I liked to browse and see what items that were available and then purchase them from the website. Now that it is all in-game, with no list on their website of available items, including I have to run around in the game for hours to collect them, I really am not going to spend any more money on SOTA. I will probably just buy $5 cotos on Telethon and not spend anymore like I used to. This solution is really unfriendly to the consumer, we should have the option to either purchase from the store or in-game with cotos.

I really urge people to stop purchasing anything and vote with your wallet, so we can get the items back on the website.

3. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

This change is terrible, and was done with little warning. It is now no longer possible (as far as I can tell) to leverage some of the useful features that were in the website, such as buying a pack of elder bushes. Now you have to buy those individually. Plus, there's now no central way of visually seeing every item available for purchase. Decorating was one of the few aspects of the game that was enjoyable, and now it's a major pain. Another problem is that the bundle information is gone. So I can go to my account page, and theoretically "upgrade" to a larger bundle, but there's no info on what exactly that upgrade contains. It gets further confusing now by the massive variety of COTO vendors, and no real rhyme or reason to where you go to get what. I.e., some items are only available at specific "bundle" related COTO vendors, but there's no simple link to them off the addon store page. If things were going to essentially be made "game only", then the infrastructure to support that in a meaningful way should have been created first, with a catalog of items and where to obtain them a minimal requirement. It should also have been done in a way that allowed one to purchase items in packs as well as individually, to better match what used to be possible.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  4. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Am I mistaken or is it no longer possible to buy the ballet outfit (or parts thereof)? If anyone knows where to get them, please let me know.

Mal Hari likes this.
  5. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

@DarkStarr Unfortunately I must agree with the above comments. My add-ons, etc list has over 140 items on it on my main account. I won't be running all over Novia to find items to buy for my town, properties, and characters.

6. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Personally, I like the idea of having most everything in game - I hate having to leave the game for functionality. The only thing I would strongly suggest is a much better preview system for what you are getting.. missing the screenshots and descriptions

7. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I like having them in game, but I miss being able to browse via the store and see pictures. Not sure there is a good compromise unless maybe they add the store back but remove the prices. I know they were concerned about public perception though.

Mal Hari, Gorthyn and Echondas like this.
  8. Armitage_

Armitage_ Avatar

It would be nice if there was some sort of catalog that could be browsed online, including a description of where the items can be bought in-game.

9. Echondas

Here are the locations of the new merchants added in R49:

• More Gold Crown Merchants: We added two new automaton crown merchants that greatly expand the inventory of items that are purchasable in-game for gold crowns. One automaton crown merchant sells equipment and other personal items, like pets. The other automaton crown merchant sells housing related items including POT property deeds, homes, basements, and decorations. These vendors sell a LOT of items. We understand that the sorting and presentation of these items is not optimal, please bear with us over the next few releases as we work towards finding a better way to find the things you’re looking for. You can find these vendors in our five major cities including: Ardoris, Central Brittany, Resolute, Aerie, and Owl’s Head.

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

EDIT
    I did test this in R52QA - it was all protected - deeds, homes, deco and the crowns themselves.

Removing the needless Warning.
    EDIT

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  11. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

12. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Ouch for that UI layout, too.

Mal Hari and Black Tortoise like this.
  13. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Not only is it more difficult to buy things nowadays, but prices are skyrocketing. Yesterday I visited a POT and the vendor right at the entrance was selling COTOs for 6,000 g. :(

14. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

The deed shown in that picture is purchased in game from the Homes vendor for 10k gold, and not through the store or coto vendor. Not saying what you are saying isn't true though.

15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I've put it in my test notes for when QA goes live. Then I will purchase a deed (and some other items) from the crown vendors and test it.

EDIT
    I did test this in R52QA - it was all protected - deeds, homes, deco and the crowns themselves.
    EDIT

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  16. Echondas

I believe @Chris said that stuff bought from crown merchants is no longer lootable in PVP.. but of course it doesn't hurt to test !

Mal Hari and Spoon like this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

W-H-A-T this needs a link and better not be happening- or some very serious clarification (like you buy them in a and run thru a PvP area they are protected until you get home of for 5 hours or soo)

Also

Just so players do not get confused the Royal Elderberry Bushes where never sold separately in the store, they where a one per account item for pledges that where high enough to get one.

There are many other Bushes / Trees / Potted Plants / . . . . but not the elderberries.

Mal Hari likes this.
  18. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

It is no longer up there. @EclipseMaiden was looking for it as well and we couldn't find it listed on any vendors.

EclipseMaiden and Mal Hari like this.
  19. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I think anything bought with crowns should have no or zero value, therefore not lootable.

If it has a value, it is lootable. If it is zero or no value in red, it should not be lootable.

Olthadir, Beaumaris, Mal Hari and 2 others like this.
  20. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If someone has a chance to try test if a newly purchased item has 0 value or not, please do share.

Mal Hari likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.