Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

AFK flag not directly tied to R40

Discussion in 'Release 40 Feedback Forum' started by Lace, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lace

Lace Avatar

Only if you sit down does an AFK flag appear in conjunction with your toon, which may help locals if you remembered to sit then afk.

In most other games you can do /afk and that title is on your character regardless of you standing position.

In additions some games allow you to do /afk 'message', which helps set expectations like /afk Running to store back in 15

Also in addition when you message an afk person that message is reflected back to them.

I know this is not a golden feature, but it is expected in most modern MMO's

It may have been mentioned before but bringing it up again.

Thanks

Barugon, firesparx and fonsvitae like this.
  2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

This is nice ;). Dont even need to display the message above the avatar either (cuz that could lead to spam), but respond with the message when whispered to while AFK.

Tamsen and uhop like this.
  3. cyathome

cyathome Avatar

Yes please...

I never want someone to think I am ignoring their whispers when I am acutally just afk ..... the /afk message that I'm not here! would be appreciated :)

Tamsen, fonsvitae and uhop like this.
  4. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I mentioned this in another release. Would also be nice if the character goes into afk mode after idle for let's say 5 minutes.

Tamsen likes this.
  5. Tamsen

Tamsen Avatar

The [AFK] flag also needs to be MUCH darker, brighter, or a different color - in short, easier to see.

When I return from being AFK, I find that the people where were trying to talk to me have no idea that I was AFK because they didn't notice the flag until I say something about it and they scroll back and look more closely. That makes the [AFK] flag as it is nearly pointless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.