all I get are Altair9000 messages when trying to log in

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pifester, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

[Altair9000] Networking connection closed by server

been like this for a few days. - Any ideas? Never had this problem in the past either.

FrostII likes this.
  2. Vaentorian

Vaentorian Localization Team

3. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings Pifester
    I have seen messages that some ISPs do not like the patch check because it is peer to peer or the port for the patch download is not whitelisted, on my computer it is 55721. I suggest you try this and forgive me if you already know this. I see that you are a bug hunter.

1. start a ping to google.com with unlimited pings and let it run in the background. Check it to make sure you are not getting any dropped connections.
    2. login to the game and while it is checking the patch level or past that and logging into the game, switch back to ping and see it there are any dropped connections (probably not google is always there) or if ping times have gotten longer ( possibly due to bad connections to Shroud servers). I do not use a fire wall and have never opened any ports so if you are using a firewall you might check that you have all ports needed for the patch service and the game open. If this doesn't help msg me and we can try some other things.

• Launcher:
      • TCP 5074
      • UDP 3544
      • UDP 6881
      Game Service:
      • UDP 5054
      • UDP 5055
      • UDP 5056
      • UDP 5057
      • UDP 5058
      • UDP 5059

4. Pifester

Pifester Bug Hunter

rebooted starlink, its acting better, I was able to log in again. ping -t was giving me a average of 50-60ms then shroud kicked on and it went to 120-200. For you all in the real world, this might be rough, but for the middle of nowhere, with my daughter streaming, its pretty good. Maybe I was just having a bad few days. Thanks. Was starting to get frustrated since everything else was online, and shroud was the only thing acting up.

Vaentorian likes this.
  5. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Well, yeah, that'll do it, the bandwidth on that service is still pretty low compared to the alternatives for most folks.