Am I missing something obvious regarding the "released" version of the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nobodyOOGN, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

It is in a real world... ;)

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Here’s another take on it: Patience is a state of being, not a virtue. Evil can be patient.

3. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

Yes there were issues with R53, yes there were a few more but it's launch so devs are cramming more stuff in and so it's a double edged sword IMHO.

TBH though whats really frustrating from my perspective is the utter pointlessness of whats patched for 1-4gig's worth of download that resolve issues that are purely cosmetic at best and not actually fixing 'proper' stuff. I refer you to patch 765 and 770 for basically trivial or cosmetic things.

Whilst there are many with ultra fast connections that can gobble 1-4gig download in a mere bunch of seconds there are many players who've complained on these forums from what i see, that struggle and end up walking away from their machines for 24hrs to let the hamster power the download on it's wheel of doom.

Stuff such as: Fixed collision on elven chandelier / Flattened terrain near the corner of a building in Tenebris Harbor OR what really made me laugh out loud in one 'fix list' Fixed colors for female shopkeeper

I mean really? these are really needing a hot fix ahead of say devotion buffs that actually help you as you quest when gaming? surely there should be some kind of priority list that the team works on? I appreciate these cosmetic elements are critical to some players however as new players trial the game their first impressions are surely guided by broken mechanics with combat or crafting items not stacking etc than that the female shopkeeper has a pink top / no top or a great big dribble mark down the front of it. Maybe the time and place for those cosmetic alterations are done post the weekend, I think the player base can cope!

I do agree with a previous poster too, patch on a Monday or Tuesday, not right before / during a weekend unless you really have to, no other MMO does that, that I've played previously though us euro's are used to maintenance time during our mid week play time, so really, that's not as much of a biggie.

*frustrated pointless patch moan over*

4. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Apologies in advance, if this sounds too rough, no offence intended. You guys need to take your head out of Ultima lore sack and come back to real life. Any behavior, or conformity of the individual that shows high moral standard is a virtue. High moral standards only come from good intentions, and unless you are referring to EVL :p, evil doesn't use or inspire patience., it uses cunning. The reality of things portrayed by games and crafted by people behind them for the specific purpose of the "lore", is not a true reality and doesn't represent true human standards, even though a lot of people develop their understanding based on these "lore" things, they very often fall short to represent the reality of things and represent only a narrow interpretation of the writer behind the "lore".

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Not to get into a philosophical debate here, BUT...;)

History has exemplified quite the contrary.

Throughout human history evil has shown extreme patience in its cold, calculating pursuit of it's agenda. For example, the Nazi's and the holocaust. One of the most evil acts to have ever occurred in history. This took an inordinate amount of patience and secrecy to organize and it was evil of the highest order. The "triangle trade" is another. It exemplifies the patience of evil for over 300 years! Planning, protecting and ensuring the sale of human beings, all in the name of greed and profit. Sugar, tobacco and cotton to Europe; rum and textiles to Africa and of course slaves to the Americas. Another, more recent example, the 9/11 Terrorist attacks. This is yet again another example of evil patiently waiting, planning and timing. I could also retell personal experiences from my time in Afghanistan, but I will instead quote my man Nietzsche, "Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you."

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Puuk like this.
  6. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Yes, per hour. It's very easy to hit that cap with double xp once you get up there in levels.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Common I am not even a native english speaker but I know that there is a big difference between plotting and patience... when you are plotting no need to be patient, because the end justify the means.

You knew that... it isn't called patience if it isn't painful, if it isn't a form of sacrifice.

So yes Patience is one of the forsaken virtues... so is perseverance.

Some devs *cough* could use alot more of this virtue when handling player complaints.

8. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

I disagree, even though just my opinion. Planning it's evil deeds, protecting it's evil interests and ensuring it's own evil agenda are exactly those things. You can't apply goodness to it, and even if someone would propose that in their own eyes it seemed good and justified, it was not good at all. So nah, it's all abound cunning and weaving it's evil plans. just my 2 cents ;).

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I love convos like this, but I don't want us to get in trouble for detracting from the OP! :D

Let us say we shall agree to disagree my friend! ;)

Andrew Silverston likes this.
  10. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Ok, back to the topic then! :)

Cordelayne likes this.
  11. idaniod

idaniod Avatar

actually... it is one of the 7 heavenly virtues (Patientia (patience)) , and it's partner wrath (Ira (wrath)) is one of the 7 deadly sins :)

Andrew Silverston likes this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

The game is in a perpetual state of disrepair because of the sheer size and scope of what they've intentionally signed up for.

13. Floors

Floors Avatar

By 2020, this should be something truly amazing.

majoria70, smack and Jaesun like this.
  14. Thorgred

Thorgred Avatar

I never understood the monthly release system. I prefer a 3 month development with a 2 weeks Testsever cycle. More time for important stuff, less time needed for bugfixes. And we also get a better state of game on release days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.