Any objections to theiving NPC's and their homes?

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Robby, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robby

Robby Avatar

So, a question I want to ask is, what was the objection to being able to steal from NPC's and loot their homes in trammel UO? You see, I tried to make a theif character when I was a newbie, and I wanted to go around robbing and burglarizing buildings and stuff IN TOWN. The possibility of being guard whacked just made it all exciting and suspensful to think about doing.
    It was horrible though.. You couldn't do any house looting or anything because there really wasnt anything to loot from the NPC homes. When I tried to use the stealing skill on an npc it would say "the person blocks your hands" it didnt even let you make an attempt.
    There was a point, once you gained a bunch of stealing skill, where you could get some pretty nice loots from NPC's in certain areas. Like the NPC adventurers and stuff but at some point they got rid of that as well.
    So it looked to me like they did not want theiving in the game period, even if it did not involve other players getting stolen from. The only decent place to get loot rogue-style was a dungeon... I want to REALLY be a rogue though not a treasure hunter!
    I want to know if any of you for some reason object to me being able to walk through town and use my theiving and stealthing skills to rob the entire town. Like do you have any reason to NOT put a bunch of randomly generated treasure all over the towns and cities and castles in the game(all NPC ones!) that I can loot with the appropriate amount of skill and make a career off of it once my looting skills get really high? UO was very weak in this area, rogues were forced to be PvP, and as time went on they nerfed theives so bad that they werent even effective in PvP.
    I want to loot houses! I want to be a burglar! Let me have my fix!

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Alexander3

Alexander3 Avatar

I think playing a rogue is an important aspect of any roleplaying game. As long as it can't be used to cause other players problems.

Stealing from NPC's sounds good to me... I know lots of people who love the idea of being somewhere between good and bad, not evil per-se...
    And as long as it can't be abused or used to abuse other players I am down for this idea.

I won't be playing a thief mind you... I just like the possibility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.