Appreciate others Contest!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Parallaxe

Parallaxe Avatar

Senash hosts the largest platform for German speaking SotA players and provides his castle for player events (like the Drachenfels Tournament last week)

Mata brought me and many, many other German speaking players to Drachenfels, the largest German speaking SotA community. Always nice, always helpful.

To me, they are truly the heart of the German speaking SotA community and beyond.

Mata, Gaelis, Amber Raine and 5 others like this.
  2. G Din

G Din Avatar

(1) Insanemembrane
    (2) Ashylnn (Pax)
    (3) Joviex

3. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Enderandrew
    Themo Lock
    The Mad Hermit
    Amber Raine
    Smack

No particular order. Many more too, hard to narrow it down.

Mata, Doctor, Amber Raine and 2 others like this.
  4. Kraut4Nix

Kraut4Nix Avatar

1) Mata

2) Senash Kasigal

for their support of the german speaking SotA community

Mata, Doctor, Duke Albert and 3 others like this.
  5. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

A noble thread indeed. There are so many great people and strong contributors in this community that I want to recognize. Trying to pick the top 5 individuals is an impossible task. Instead I am going to extend my appreciation to those:
    1. Who take time welcoming new players and providing friendly assistance to the new members of our community. You guys are the unsung heroes!
    2. Who share constructive opinions in a respectful and positive way that help shape this game.
    3. Who develop assets, music, code, stories, poetry, art and dialog.
    4. Who create epic in-game designs, plays and events that keep the community involved and the game interesting during these early alpha builds; enabling us all to overlook the big green walls that hide the dust and construction going on on the other side.
    5. Who create websites, radio stations, videos, spreadsheets and reviews that help articulate what this game is and what this game will be!
    All of this takes time and personal sacrifice, and for that, I salute you!

-The Mad Hermit

6. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

^ this guy's going places ^

The Hendoman

Mata, Doctor, Amber Raine and 2 others like this.
  7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

That guys's GONE places! ;)

Mata, Amber Raine, Doctor and 4 others like this.
  8. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

MadHermit should be doing How-To videos for major corporations/entities/people, e.g.:

1) MadHermit/Home Depot Guide to Building A Man Cave.
    2) MadHermit/Advance Auto Parts Guide to Fixing Your Transmission.
    3) MadHermit/Washington Redskins Guide to F*&%ing up Draft Day.
    4) MadHermit/State Department Guide to Using Your Personal Email at Work.
    5) MadHermit/Justin Bieber Guide to Avoiding Incarceration.

royalsexy, Mata, A Ghost and 15 others like this.
  9. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Lord Andernut

He provides a great service without asking for anything in return.

Mata, Gaelis, Kara Brae and 7 others like this.
  10. Greyhaven

Greyhaven Avatar

Ah, I see the question reiterated with honesty and innocence. OK then, let us not leave young Tahru hanging in suspense.

I cannot be drawn on any topic that may provide a catalyst for pridefulness in others. But I can appreciate that there may be new members of the community who find themselves little lost in these expansive forums, and are wondering which contributers look out for.

Herein lies my advice.

And it is important not to cheapen any list by listening to any tacky 80's chart rundown music.

Do not listen!

For my first two I am afraid that I must start with the obvious:

1) The Mad Hermit

There he is again! Like the most persistent critter in a game of whack-a-mole, the Mad Hermit crops up in another appreciation list. His videos give clear advice to new players, and I have him to thank for a growing collections of hats that will be most useful in filling up my already scarce inventory space.

2) Sir Stike Teckel and Asclepius**

OK, two for the price of one, but it is no more easy to split these two as it would be to split Abbott & Costello or Posh & Becks. Tireless work in the Caverns giving life to authors work, including my own.

** I think that is spelled right, but I don't warrant it.

Then we adopt a thinking-man's approach and consider contributor's to the community in more depth.

3) Bowen Bloodgood

A very businesslike and prolific contributor to the general forums, swift with succinct answers to player queries. Not only that but a man seemingly contented in modelling all manner of 3D bits and bobs an an ever growing art thread which threatens to bust out of its containment and shower us all with torches, tables, mugs, candlesticks, weapon racks and all manner of other stuff besides. Rest assured that Novia will not be a sparsely decorated place!

I would encourage those who have so far been too timid to venture into the Developer Depot to dive in and see the wonders the community has created.

[​IMG]
    Bowen's models: Frightened of a goblin raid? This is what you need in your back room.

4) Sir_Hemlock

Like a sprinkling of fine condiment, you may have noticed the Library in the Fire Lotus Tavern is peppered with the work of Sir_Hemlock. A skillful wordsmith, whose work has taken a lyrical turn. A man who speaks his mind too, putting to shame all those who watch the development of this game through rose-tinted spectacles, mewing with mindless admiration of every turn it takes. It is the free-thinkers that are of most value to thus community!

But wait! There has to be balance in all things, and a critical eye is best counterpoised with patience and tolerance.There is a person who is consistently and unshakably positive in all her posts.

5) Marjoria70

I don't want to show any favoritism, I'm sure the other 69 are equally as personable, but let's talk about no. 70 here. Like a dollop of Acriflex after a nasty burn or a rub of Germolene on a spider-bite, along comes young Marjora70 to ease the tension in these forums with her soothing words of unashamed positivity.

Allaying all criticism and discontentment her posts are a calming influence that helps keep our expectations for a great game alive, even though we may sometimes suffer with doubt. I have felt this, and yet I still find myself looking forward to the completion of this project.

These guys need Marjoria70

There we go. Five heroes among many.

royalsexy, Sophi, Mata and 11 others like this.
  11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I hate you all evenly :p!!! Oh ya and: "I want your brains" Muhahahahahahaha!

12. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Thank you @Greyhaven, that was excellent. :)

Mata, Doctor and TheMadHermit like this.
  13. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

First, a thank you to those that mentioned my name. You flatter me. ~darkstarr salutes~

It has already been said - But, like them. I also can not list any particular person or people who I would be able to pull out and name specifically. You have all touched my life in one way or another. From simply helping make the radio what it is - It is all of you that make it what it is, I don't do anything. Without you all listening, it would not exist.

So I appreciate every single listener of the radio, every single DJ and all those that have allowed us to use your ads, songs, poetry, etc on the radio! It is to all of you.

That brings in the Plays - Thats right, Womby, Gabriel Nightshadow, Asclepius, Lord Baldrith, Sir Stile and every single voice actor (there are a lot of you!). You have all become more then friend to me, i consider you all family.

Also Richard Garriott - How can we miss him? After all, if it were not for him, we would not have a game world to call home again if not for him. How can our appreciation not be posted to him? (he is also the creator of the Chaos that I embrace in my life both sides of the lunar rift .. think about it :p )

TheMadHermit, Chris Spears, Duke Violation, everyone else that has made a helpful video to help guide us on our journey through the lands. Without you, we may have been lost not knowing what to do. For each of you, thank you!!

All of Port Phoenix and PaxLair, who have opened their arms and welcomed me in from day one. You can only be as grand as the support you are held up by. They are fantastic support.

FireLotus - For being a girls best friend, in and out of game. I have needed someone she has been there. As a friend or as the person to kick my butt. She has been there.

Stephen Daniele - Who gave me the encouraging words to keep going and keep writing. His Pen of the Avatar helped in my ability with photoshop. I am writing a book because of him.

Yes, I even also appreciate, for their honesty, their telling it like it is - Even while how it is, is bashing the heck out of me. I appreciate InsaneMembrane and Joviex

It is *impossible* to just pick 5 :) You are all fantastic.. So many more unnamed, I just can not pick 5...

Right .. Almost forgot someone... Time Lord and Rustic Dragon - For always giving me something to ponder and keep my mind busy with. No matter how in depth or off the wall it is, my brain has never and shall never grow moldy with them around. They keep it active :)

Sophi, Mata, Doctor and 12 others like this.
  14. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Lord Andernut
    Spoon
    Tahru
    Chaox
    Amber Raine

Runners up:
    InsaneMembrane and Joviex

15. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Dang and.....
    Everyone at the Portalarium team. These guys work pretty fricken hard to break the mold of gaming to try and bring us something revolutionary.

16. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

I have only been a part of this outstanding community for a week so 5 I can't do currently but I can name three instantly that have stood out for me in that short amount of time.

1. TheMadHermit - Invaluable help.
    2. Budner - Makes me cry with laughter.
    3. Marjoria70 - Really lovely community member.

Mata, Doctor, Sophi and 5 others like this.
  17. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

This contest is being extended until Monday night (EST). I am not well today, so I am just going to push it out another day, so I hope you don't mind. :) Besides appreciations don't need strict time limits.

Mata, Doctor, Ice Queen and 1 other person like this.
  18. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

There should not ever be a deadline on how long you can appreciate everyone.. if there is.. I'm doomed ~cheers~ ( i don't mind being doomed! )

I appreciate every darn one of you everyday ;)
    (even our favorite trouble makers!)

Sophi, Mata, Doctor and 3 others like this.
  19. Kitten

Kitten Avatar

1. Envy
    2. Envy
    3. Envy
    4. Envy
    5. oh did I say, Envy..

Father Aquila, Mata, Doctor and 3 others like this.
  20. Blarla

Blarla Avatar

Alright, how much did Envy pay you for that? :p

I am of course kidding :)

Sophi, Mata, Doctor and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.