Are Homes and Basements purchased in game with gold actually owned by the buyer?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Hardin Steele, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardin Steele

Hardin Steele Avatar

I have earned some decent gold in game with Release 21, and find many Homes and Basements for sale at what I think are reasonable rates from player vendors and general public vendors. If I drop a pile of in-game gold on a Home or Basement, is it mine or is this a scam? If we are getting wiped many more times before Alpha and Open Release, what happens to the Deeds between now and then?

(Searched all over for this to have been asked but found no posts so far. Thanks!)

2. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

It's not a scam but you will lose those items when they do the next wipe, which is either the next release or the one after that, I forget. But it'll wipe your gold too, so you might as well spend it now!

The only way to keep a home or basement is to buy a pledge that has a lot deed and a house attached to it (Ancestor level or higher). If you own such a pledge you will keep your lot deed(s) and your house(s) even if there's a wipe.

Edit: Sorry, a pledge isn't required. An alternative is to buy a lot deed and a home in the add-on store. Those will also survive a wipe.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
    Numa and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Hardin Steele

Hardin Steele Avatar

Ah, I did an $80 pledge, no house. But in game, I can earn gold, buy a house, and lose the whole works after the wipe. Then rinse, repeat.

But, after release, this stuff is for real and if I buy one then I can keep it!

4. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Correct.

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

6. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

I would expect prices to be drastically different once launch its and it is "for real".

7. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

There will be all manner of options of how lot deeds and houses will be presented, as is regailed by the marketing of any number of groups.

I suspect the land rush for major NPC city spots to be fierce as well.

Numa and 4EverLost like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.