Are there any empty lots still available?

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Woodchuck, Jun 16, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

hi all,
    are there any empty lots still available in the world? or have they all been taken already?
    i just joined the game.
    thanks!

Ravenscar likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes there is lots of available land. Look around and if you see a place that's in a player owned town just send a mail message to the governor of the town if you see a place you like. To send mail visit any bank building press ''send mail" then character name, then subject line can be your character name and ask for a lot. Also with each episode more land mass is coming into the game. Npc towns don't offer the same convenience and amenities imo and most Npc towns that have housing plots need specific deeds called place anywhere deeds. So if you have those you can choose anywhere. Anyway I'm majoria in game if I can answer questions anytime.
    Welcome to the game too.

Obsidian Tempest likes this.
  3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

4. MFWalter

MFWalter Avatar

If you find yourself in need of a home the Gardiens du Lys run a POT called Chateau du Lys in Hidden Vale and we have lots of space avalable. Dariuss {Our guild leader} is even pretty cool about working with people to place lots of the size you want in the location you want in town. Feel free to send me a message, if you are interested, or come to Hidden Vale and run south along the coast from Kingsport to find our island city. There is a bulletin board right up the hill from the entrance with guild officer names on it.

5. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Tempest Reef

Near Aerie has open lots.

Obsidian Tempest likes this.
  6. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

There are empty lots in Dragomir Mori just a few yards from Aerie. Please come visit then stay and live in Dragomir Mori.

7. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

8. Godra

Godra Avatar

As of the next release in a couple weeks, you can obtain a free Row Lot Property Deed that cannot be traded and can only be used in a Player Owned Town (POT). I will be opening up my POT called Shadowwood Forest that will have over 100 Row Lots available. It is a nested POT that has access through Brittany Fields and Brittany Alleys. Being nested has the disadvantage of no direct access from the overland map, but has the advantage of never being under siege. I am not charging any rent for claimed lots when I open them and do not plan on charging any rent until they can implement an automatic rent system. That probably won’t happen until Episode 2 or 3. I may also have an Inn with rooms for rent, not sure how I will work that yet if I do.

So if you are looking for a place to live, once you get that free Row Lot Deed, shoot me an email or pop over to Shadowwood Forest and I will set you up with access to place the deed!!!

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I would not get panicky regarding lots avaiability if you do not pine for an prime spot, there is plenty of very empty towns all over the place (given the number of people playing i doubt it will be an issue for a long time)
    Given many do not need/want an house, most need an house to place an vendor only, many consider houses only after they are maxxed out in adventure anyways, i doubt we will suffer from lack of plots for a long long time, if ever.

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Avatar

Wow. Thanks everyone! I'm still evaluating the game, but good to know I can place a house if I wanted to!

11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

The biggest thing that happened, almost by accident as near as I can tell, is player-owned towns. During the kickstarter/pledge era, they offered player towns for sale, and they were a success, well over 300, but most of them not eligible to appear on the overworld. As it turned out, the sheer number of them ensured that the game is not likely to ever run out of housing. For a while, the cost of getting enough lot deeds was a major limit to POT towns. There are also lots in NPC towns that require a higher class of deed, but some POT towns are much more desirable than most NPC towns.

As to the issue of the level of control that a POT governor has, this is severely balanced by the large number of them. POT governors are always looking for more people to settle in their towns just to keep them from being empty. You have to be a total jerk, or break a major rule (like not maintaining a vendor in a market town, or not keeping to the theme in an RP town) to get kicked.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also while finding a home does depend on what you are looking for. Some players want to live in a market place with home after home of vendors. Others want to live in their guild town, a themed town such as an elven town, others want a certain biome, snowy, forest, swamp, desert, underground cave areas etc. At the end of the day it does depend on finding a place that feels like home and if it does not then try another home.

I know sometimes players will leave Wizards Rest which is the town I live in and manage and it is for various reasons such as they joined a guild and moved to their guild town or for other reasons. So what is important is finding a game home to come home to after a day of adventuring, resource gathering, role-playing, questing, or exploring. Your very own digital home to make as you choose it to be. All in all a town should offer amenities such as crafting pavilions, perhaps devotionals for buffing, and an oracle building to collect your daily gold and experience from and more. Some offer extras such as shared use of a commission-free vendor, gust ball field, pvp arena basements and other things perhaps.

Jaesun likes this.
  13. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes you can if you have a lot deed. Enjoy your time and take your time deciding what you want to do and even then you don't have to live out of your bank as mentioned.

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It's kind of nostalgic sometimes to have lived somewhere else in the game, you can say "I was in that house there for a while". This happened a lot before persistence, when they wiped everything every three months. For me, most of them were NPC lots, and thus still here, but in R23-R25, PaxLair had a nice group of row houses between the entrance and a meeting area. I put a row house on a village lot in the middle of a bunch of rows, and put crafting stations around it. It was a nice setup but there just weren't enough players to make it work.

Don't worry too much about the places that are already taken. If nothing else, POTs are still getting swapped around (I think some that were bought just to support the KS are slowly being sold to active players) and often end up with good lot locations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.